“Good food, good music”

Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Oranmore
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Keanes Bar and Restaurant is a family run business. Entering into a lovely stove fire, giving that extra touch to the cosy and warm atmosphere. Breakfast served Mon-Sat 10-12, Lunch from 12-6 Sun-Sat, A'la Carte 6-9 Sun-Thurs 9.30 Fri-Sat. Cater's for partys and large groups, Live Music every Sat and Trad Session every Sunday.
Gouda, The Netherlands
“Good food, good music”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Good quality food, for a very good price. Ample choice of dishes, excellent service. We had a wonderful evening with traditional Irish music. Frequently visited by local people, which is always a good sign.

Visited June 2014

Killarney, Ireland
“great staff”
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Brought my family for meal to keanes on saturday night 31st of May. We had the most helpful waitress I have ever met.nothing was a problem an took the time to make sure we had everything we needed. A great meal was had by all.good value for money which is rare these days in ireland

Visited May 2014
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Great Dinner. Friendly Atmosphere.”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I were considering several different restaurants along the main street in Oranmore but the specials of the day caught our attention at Keanes. They had lamb shank as one special and pork chop as another. In we went.

We ordered one of each. The lamb shank was served with mashed potatoes and steamed root vegetables. The grilled pork chop (Boneless) came with chips (french fries) and slaw and salad. I asked to substitute the vegetables for the slaw and salad which they did without question.

Both dishes were served hot and well presented. My wife and I shared and we both agreed that the food was excellent. My wife asked for some additional gravy for the lamb shank and this was presented in a beautiful gravy bowl within a minute or two.

The entrees were EURO14.95 for the lamb and EURO11.95 for the pork chop. Very complete meal.

We definitely would return.

Groomsport, United Kingdom
“Warm and inviting”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We arrived on spec but were warmly greeted. Service was courteous and quick and the food lacked nothing. Three of us all had different choices and they were all well prepared and served. Looks like a pub from the outside but the interior is warmly decorated and has a good ambience.

Galway, Ireland
“Spider in salad”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Ate in keanes this evening for the second time. On our first visit (a few months ago) 2 of the 4 people at the table found plastic in their 2 different main courses( fajitas and fish). The waitress on the evening was very apologetic and gave all 4 of us a free dessert to compensate. We gave them benefit of the doubt thinking it could happen to anyone. This evening we gave them a second chance. I ordered the chicken gougons. When the food arrived I started into the salad only to find a daddy long legs spider. I was horrified and called the waitress who offered me a replacement meal which I ordered. When the bill arrived I was most disappointed that we were charged full price for all meals. We complained to the waitress who just about managed a sorry. The attitude of the staff annoyed me more than the spider. It's was absolutely pathetic service. We will not be going back. Bad kitchen and bad service not a good combination.

2 Thank bforan