“Impressed”

The Coach House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Oranmore
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I travel to Galway every seven weeks on business staying in various hotels and have not felt compelled to write any reviews up until now........
The accommodation was comfortable, clean and peaceful.
Bar staff were friendly and helpful.
The Restaurant food was AMAZING. The best Italian food I have had outside Italy,
To top it all off the breakfast was first class, great Irish produce and great Irish hospitality.
I just hope that they have a room available for me in seven weeks time.

Room Tip: Ooooo dare I say this.......as a naughty smoker! On the first floor of the residents accommodation...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank BernieCastle

Reviewed May 4, 2014

This was my first time to stay her and it will not be my last. It is obvious that food is the main driver in this hotel, but my room was spacious, clean, had everything I needed and was quiet. Food in the bar was excellent and a terrific menu. Staff could be a little more outgoing and engaging, but that's not a criticism.
Overall, a great place to stay.
Tommy

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here. The hotel was quite and clean. The staff was very nice and helpful. They don't have a lot of parking so try and get there early if you have a car. The food was delicious. There aren't a lot of things around but it was a nice little town.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank thereal253
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I have only ever ate here once. The Hotel's restaurant was recommended to me by a friend, so we decided to have lunch here one Sunday.

I was immediately struck by how busy the restaurant was upon our arrival, and despite this we were immediately greeted and shown to our table. The fact we hadn't booked was not a problem, and we were quickly seated and our order was taken. The menu was broad and offered a lot of choice.

The food arrived very swiftly after ordering, and was presented perfectly. Both our meals was really tasty and portions were generous too.

I have nothing but praise for this place. The staff were friendly, the decor was casual, charming and clean, and the food was gorgeous. I would recommend The Coach House Hotel to anybody...

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here plenty of times would have no problem recommending it to anyone stopped for both work and pleasure staff excellent location superb right in the village and on the coast great walks nearby and every facility that is needed

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Regular diner at this establishment but not anymore customer service left a lot to be desired except for one young waiter whom must have been a new recruit as he was the only one that seemed to have had manners on the day!!!!! We were rushed from start to finish because we had not reserved a table- (even though there was plenty of tables free this particular afternoon from what we could see and there was no reserved signs on the tables that were booked!!!!!) the food was overcooked and tastless - it was obvious they cooked the food in a hurry to get us out, my friends and I would have socialised regularly here but from my experience today I wont be going back anytime soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Frances M
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotelon a Friday and Saturday night in April . We had 4 rooms booked in the hotel . We were so disappointed with our stay.
It was in an ideal location for us and we do visit quite regularly but I am afraid in the future we will have to look for alternative.

The first impression I got was a non smoking hotel with a stinking smell of stale smoke in the halls and especially in our room 109. Every where looked dirty.

The bar area also was dirty with stains on the chairs. I am sure a wee bit of elbow grease, bleach and a cloth, they could be removed.

Breakfast on sat morning was ok. I was waiting a while for it. Chairs, floors etc still dirty.

We decided to eat in the bar sat evening. Again it wasn’t great.

My brother’s room was straight across from deck and smoke was coming into the room from there and also from the window. I guess there was another smoking area outside their window. As for the other couple arriving in on top of them saying that this was their room was straight out of Fawlty Towers.

It all ended Sunday morning when we just wanted to leave. My brother’s children drink cranberry juice for breakfast and they were charged an additional €10.00 for the luxury of cranberry juice.

After breakfast we were going up in the lift, a woman got out of it and said, Threes a smell and it wasn’t me.

Again cleaning does not seem to be a priority in this establishment.

Room Tip: Don't stay there ot at view before you stay.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LornaMcG
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranmore
Maldron Hotel Galway
Flannery's Hotel Galway
Clybaun Hotel
Clybaun Hotel
#6 of 46 in Galway

Been to The Coach House Hotel? Share your experiences!