The Coach House Hotel
Oranmore Lodge Hotel(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
$63
Maldron Hotel Galway(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
$66
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
$70
HotelQuickly
The Connacht Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$100
$192
$139
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgalway cityrestaurant downstairssmall hotelhotel restaurantate hereoff street parkingnight portercomfy bedsaturday nightfollowing morninglovely hotelporridgeirish breakfasteach morningbasilicopubsvillage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Dropped in to the Bascilico Restaurant at the Coach House the other evening on my way home from a nice day out with my partner.
The menu looked fantastic and the food was not disappointing, we very much enjoyed the whole experience until just before we left when the French waiter who served us in a typical slightly snooty but not unenjoyable Parisian fashion made a pass at my partner while I was in the bathroom.

Needless to say I was slightly in shock when I came back and explained to the waiter as I paid my bill that she was not available to meet him at 4.30 in Ayre Square the following day on any other day to which he responded that it was a "joke".

I took the issue up with the owner who initially asked me if my partner was sure of what the waiter had said which irritated me even more but he promised to investigate and call me back.
The owner contacted me the following day to inform me that he had given the waiter a written warning and if there were any more complaints that he would be fired.

The evening was so ruined by the whole event that we will not be returning.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dcosgrov
Reviewed June 30, 2013

booked this hotel for a Saturday night with the Basillico restaurant. We duly arrived and were promptly checked in with little fuss. Our room was on the first floor to the rear, everything one would need is there, the room was clean and tidy and not cluttered.
Having had to drive to the hotel the need of refreshment was the first item to address, entering the bar area we found quite a few people in for food. After ordering our drinks it was encouraging to see more people especially families ordering from the bistro menu. It is obviously a popular eating venue for locals.
This we thought was a good sign for later on. Having quenched our thirst it was time to explore a small bit of the village, The main street is a busy road, but all one's needs are in this village and a small walk before dinner is, as hindsight tells me a good thing to do.
Returning to the hotel we made our way down to the restaurant, immediately we were greeted by Fabio who quickly arranged for us to be seated, Our waiter Nicolas was very attentive and looked after us with a smile. Enjoying fine Italian food means taking time over the meal, This is one of the traits of a fine Italian establishment. We were not to be disappointed in this regard, all of our courses were served allowing for digestion and conversation. The appetizer and first course were first class, presentation and taste second to none, It looked good for the main courses, we had chosen Pollo (chicken) Valdostana and a pasta Boscaiola. Having had similar dishes served in Trento, Italy we thought we would compare the dishes.

No complaint can be given on this very friendly and welcoming restaurant. Absolutely first class in all respects, The whole experience has led us to seriously take friends and family to this hotel when possible, it is worth every cent with helpful friendly staff, comfortable rooms and a lively bar. Not at all noisy but warm and relaxing.

The check in and out process is exactly what is missing in larger hotels, here you have minimum of red tape just what you need when you want to enjoy yourself. Our thanks to Fabio, Nicolas, and Paulo the unseen chef, also all the staff whos names we missed, We will return.

Room Tip: If a smoker ask for room near the smoking terrace. Saves a walk along corridor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I ate with my parents in the restaurant of this hotel for lunch last week and I have to say it was the worst food experience we've had for some time. The seafood chowder tasted and looked like it was a sauce from a packet or tin with some seafood inserted on the top for effect. The burger dish comprised two thin supermarket frozen burgers with luke warm wedges. We were really disappointed by the quality of the food and will not be returning. We have eaten there previously and thought the food was of a high standard - not on this occasion however.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Nick O, Owner at The Coach House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thanks for Your Feedbabck,
We strongly feel that your comments are not fair, and not True also:
In Fact our Seafood Chowder is cooked to order every time using only Killary Rope Mussels and Connemara Natural smoked haddock (local and fresh seafood) with homemade prawns bisque, cream and chunky vegetables
In Regards of our Double Beef Burger is homemade in House from Chuck and Flank Steak of Brady's Superior Beef from Athenry Farm in County Galway.
To speed the service with make it flat, so we can always cook it fresh to order and not from the Bainmarie like in many other pubs.
We hope that you will give another chance to us and try our food again, we also make Beautiful Italian Style Homemade Pizzas and Focaccia for under 7€ at lunch and many pasta dishes.

Regards
The Management

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Well, where do I start. The pros: the staff was very nice; the food in the bistro was excellent. The off-street parking is great as it was very busy and we would've other wise had to park far away. Also, our room had heated floors -- which was pretty awesome.

That ends my praise.

The bed was not comfortable; the room was not clean. There were scraps, cracks, marks, etc all over the floors, walls, and doors. It looked very worn... The bedding/sheets were not soft; the most uncomfortable of our entire trip.

All of this I can live with - but the noise I could not! It was terrible! there were random, unexplained noises all night - I could not identify where it was coming from. We were in the back of the hotel, the farthest from the street possible, on the 1st floor (that's the 2nd floor to us in the States). It was the loudest night of our entire stay in Ireland. The noises varied, coming from various sources, but I couldn't identify where any of them came from. We just lived with it - we're not complainers - so we did not alert/bother the staff with it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We booked this hotel on the strength of its reviews. The hotel is ideally located and has its own parking. The hotel staff are wonderful and nothing is too much for them. The restaurant is fabulous as is the breakfast. We stayed in room 113 and although spacious it need a damn good clean, there was an awful lot of dust under the bed which was very obvious as the bed was on legs. The bathroom again was spacious but the water wouldn't drain away from the shower so you had to stand in dirty water and which after two days left the bath in a disgusting state... Not helped by the fact that the room/ bathroom wasn't cleaned during our stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple