“Very traditional pub”

Nancy's
Ranked #4 of 6 Restaurants in Ardara
Cuisines: Irish, Pub, Soups, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Berryville, Virginia
“Very traditional pub”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We stopped in at Nancy's a number of times during our stay in Ardara for a pint or two, and one evening we had a light meal as well, just a lovely fresh stew with brown bread. It was just what we were wanting having had a late lunch after hiking. This is a very traditional Irish pub with a tiny bar room with a fire but numerous other rooms tucked here and there. They have an extensive selection of ciders, too.

• Visited October 2013

Dublin
“Lovely Traditional Pub with Average Food”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I went to this pub for food on foot of Tripadvisor Reviews and so I was disappointed in the food when I got there. We seemed to be unlucky with the restaurants we ate in in our tour of Ulster, and good restaurants appeared to be elusive.

I enjoyed the atmosphere, the guinness, the decor and the friendly locals in this very traditional Irish pub, but the food we had was not great. There was very limited choice. I ordered chowder (which was recommended) which was fairly bland; and though I know chowder doesn't always have cream, it could have done with it. My partner had smoked salmon, which we know is salty but the saltiness was overbearing and sickening. There were no choices of sides at all (I'm a chip-fiend and so only being able to order boiled potatoes was a bit annoying). I have fond memories of Nancy's, but in my view, go for the guinness and the chats, and not the food.

Visited August 2013
Hampton, New Hampshire
“Not too impressed”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch on Wednesday. It was not busy at all, but it still took about ten minutes for someone to acknowledge us. We ordered two bowls of Seafood chowder and two drinks. the chowder came out fast, it was OK, but nothing special. The waiter forgot to bring our drinks. We paid our bill (15 Euro) for the two bowls of chowder and left.

• Visited September 2013
Wisconsin
“Bar restaurant with character”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We almost missed this little gem, but were directed there by some locals. Food is locally sourced and very good. Decor and layout, as well as the people, gave it a unique character. Worth a visit.

Visited September 2013
Illschwang, Germany
“Best mussels I had”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Nice location and the best mussels I had in a restaurant!!!
Been there with the family, kids liked the burgers.
Service friendly and quick, typical Irish prices.

• Visited August 2013