“What a location!”

The Waters Edge
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The menu was simple yet exigent, I tried a fish-dish and pavalova with fruits for dessert, it was yummy. The staff was polite and quick.
Unfortunately, we went there at night and in the winter, so we could not enjoy fully its special water view. I can imagine that it is wonderful during the day in the summer and especially around sunset.

2  Thank NoraEK

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We did visit twice in aug this year, meat dishes were very good, I was most disappointed with fish dishes, did not strike my that fish was that fresh, ( pos from freezer) service was good staff very young and friendly,

Reviewed August 4, 2013

The Waters Edge is a lovely setting to come in too, with great panoramic windows over looking Lough Swilly, but I'm afraid to say that the food was just average.
The staff gave us a warm welcome and nothing was a bother. The menu was reasonably simple and straight forward with plenty of local ingredients to choose from but not that many the kitchen would struggle with. The food was delivered quickly and hot but the starter portion was a little sparse. Main course was OK, I ordered steak but it was over cooked to my liking and request. The real deal breaker came with dessert. I ordered sticky toffee pudding. Normally it's light and fluffy covered with lovely rich sauce, instead I got a lump of very badly burnt cake and I mean burnt and a sauce that had just about seen the pot seeing the sugar granules hadn't even melted. I showed this to the waiter who got it changed immediately but the taste of the first mouthful still lingered on and I didn't enjoy.
This unfortunately will be my first and last visit.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Had the pleasure of dining here last night. Did not have a reservation but the young bar man gave us a beautiful table at the window looking out onto the sea. The menu was lovely and very good value at 27.50 for 4 course meal. The sea bass was lovely and the John Dorey was beautiful.They also have a specials board with a good selection and reasonably priced. The toilets have a lovely sea side theme .Would definitely return here again.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

A lovely view, but the ambience inside could be better, food was only average. We had been looking forward to this but was dissapointed.