“Nice surroundings.”

The Waters Edge
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Atmosphere was lovely, and the food met expectations - though I would have expected more seafood on the menu. However the waitress didn't inform us of the specials (which i later found out was something i'd have loved!) or what the roasts of the day were (until the order was already through) and came back 5 minutes later to inform one of our party that the starter she'd ordered was off the menu - without producing another menu for us to look at! She also spoke very quietly (had to strain to hear her) and I don't think I saw her smile once. She wasn't rude - but she did lack enthusiasm. Service just needs to be worked on, then you're on to a winner.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Bank Holiday Sunday sitting at a window table with beautiful views down Lough Swilly, delicious rpast beef and a glass of Merlot with dear friends, what else could anyone want? Maybe some sunshine but we are in Donegal so why be unreasonable??

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had a lovely Sunday lunch here yesterday - i had the grilled fish platter and my boyfriend had turkey and ham for mains it was so tasty. I have to say I haven't eaten here for some time but I will definatley be back.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Had dinner there on our visit to Rathmullan. Very good value and made to feel very welcome by the staff and management.

Table by the window with wonderful views.

The steaks were fantastic and would highly reccomend

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Was really disappointed with the food. We thought it would be fantastic since it was such a nice restaurant. Couldn't eat the main course or dessert. Got another main course in replacement(it was my first time ever to return food - I'd eat anything!!!) it was just about edible. Gave up at dessert & the coffee was even bad. Waste of a beautiful venue.