My family stayed in this hotel in August 2013 for 4 nights. We live in Dubai, and the other families we were meeting at RHH live in Malaysia and the US respectively. From the second I began the booking process, Michael could not have been more helpful - trying to co-ordinate the best rooms for our visit, knowing we were part of a large group . We were not disappointed. And neither were our friends. The adjoining family rooms were superb - and spotlessly clean. The staff were all wonderful, the setting is majestic and the food was out of this world. The kids (all 10 of them) played football in the grounds, climbed trees, played on the beach, went fishing, and were NEVER made to feel like they were bothering the staff (which I am sure on occasion they may have been!) Upon returning from the fishing trip, the kids (and dads!) were delighted to have caught a fair amount of mackerel. You can imagine how proud 5 little boys were when the head chef told them their catch could be served in the restaurant that night with their permission. Literally fresh off the boat, the chef's delight truly illustrated that serving exceptional, fresh, local produce is the heart and soul of this hotel. Breakfast was also a treat. Our lovely waitress asked if my 8 month old liked 'Ready Brek' and I told her he had never tried it. Next morning at my table a box of it was there which she had taken from her house for me "my grandson loves it - try some.." I could type for hours about this spectacular, family orientated gem of a hotel. Having travelled around Asia and residing in the Middle East, we have been lucky enough to experience many amazing, picture perfect hotels, but Rathmullan House is my top spot. Why? Setting is of course important and the boxes are ticked there, but for me it was the famous Irish hospitality that Rathmullan House hotel delivers in abundance that makes this hotel my number 1 choice. Ps A word also for Babysitter Barbara (the staff at the hotel provide her number). She is fantastic and the kids adored her.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rathmullan House is situated on the shores of Lough Swilly in Co. Donegal. With a 2 mile sandy beach at the bottom of the gardens it is a perfect spot to enjoy the outdoors. All 32 bedrooms are individually styled from romantic garden rooms to adjoining family rooms. The Weeping Elm Restaurant provides a fine setting for Kelan McMichaels modern cooking as well as the award winning breakfast for which Rathmullan is justly famous. Menus are based on using the freshest ingredients in season from local artisan producers and from the hotels walled garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Rathmullan House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rathmullan House Hotel Rathmullan
- House Rathmullan
- Rathmullan Hotel
- Rathmullan House Ireland - County Donegal