Having rented a house very nearby 5 adults, 2 kids, we went there for lunch in the Cellar bar, on day one, took a long time for food to arrive and when it did, one order was wrong,then waitress returned with the same Burger with all just scraped of and put on the pan to burn off what wasn't asked for. We went there again for a drink only to be told that only kids staying in hotel were welcome. So, even at that we went back on our last night for a meal in the cellar bar, to be told after we ordered wine and drinks that they were booked out, (told us that they are expecting most of the guests 'probably' will come in for food. )
So basically if your not staying in the hotel- don't go there for your daily insult, staff very young an inexperienced, this place needs a good manager and change of attitude. Nice looking place however with great gardens.
Suggest the Ferrygate or Waters Edge for great food and service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rathmullan House is situated on the shores of Lough Swilly in Co. Donegal. With a 2 mile sandy beach at the bottom of the gardens it is a perfect spot to enjoy the outdoors. All 32 bedrooms are individually styled from romantic garden rooms to adjoining family rooms. The Weeping Elm Restaurant provides a fine setting for Kelan McMichaels modern cooking as well as the award winning breakfast for which Rathmullan is justly famous. Menus are based on using the freshest ingredients in season from local artisan producers and from the hotels walled garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Rathmullan House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rathmullan House Hotel Rathmullan
- House Rathmullan
- Rathmullan Hotel
- Rathmullan House Ireland - County Donegal