Our trip to Rathmullan House was a Christmas gift from our kids and grandkids.. a voucher for a standard room with dinner on one evening. When we arrived we were delighted to find we had been upgraded to the honeymoon suite!!!!!!! As pensioners we found this a sketch but what a wonderful touch. The hotel has not been over styled so there is no sense of a multinational generic style. What a relief. We relaxed right into the house and enjoyed every minute. Everyone friendly and service unobtrusive but helpful. Beach and village atmosphere a short walk away. The inclusive dinner on night one was so fabulous we just had to splash out on an equally resplendent dinner on night two. My daughter in law asked 'So is this now your favourite place to stay on earth?'. Maybe. And ta to whoever organised the glorious weather!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rathmullan House is situated on the shores of Lough Swilly in Co. Donegal. With a 2 mile sandy beach at the bottom of the gardens it is a perfect spot to enjoy the outdoors. All 32 bedrooms are individually styled from romantic garden rooms to adjoining family rooms. The Weeping Elm Restaurant provides a fine setting for Kelan McMichaels modern cooking as well as the award winning breakfast for which Rathmullan is justly famous. Menus are based on using the freshest ingredients in season from local artisan producers and from the hotels walled garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Rathmullan House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rathmullan House Hotel Rathmullan
- House Rathmullan
- Rathmullan Hotel
- Rathmullan House Ireland - County Donegal