Rathmullan House is situated in its own estate grounds, thick with trees and shrubs. The hotel is like living at home, no modern gleaming chrome or hi tech door openers to worry about, instead you have large fireplaces, small quirky lounges to relax in and a beach at the bottom of the garden.
We have stayed here many times and we love it even more. The staff treat you so well and cannot do enough to make your stay very relaxing.
There is a walled garden at the rear of the house were they grow a lot of their own produce which is freshly picked and served in its restaurants.
The breakfasts are great, with all the usual trimmings. There is two restaurants at the hotel and both are well worth a visit.
The room we had was a superior room which had a seated area and a balcony overlooking the gardens and water.
Rathmullan town has little to offer but it's a nice place to walk around and grab a coffee.
Like Arnie says "I'll be back".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rathmullan House is situated on the shores of Lough Swilly in Co. Donegal. With a 2 mile sandy beach at the bottom of the gardens it is a perfect spot to enjoy the outdoors. All 32 bedrooms are individually styled from romantic garden rooms to adjoining family rooms. The Weeping Elm Restaurant provides a fine setting for Kelan McMichaels modern cooking as well as the award winning breakfast for which Rathmullan is justly famous. Menus are based on using the freshest ingredients in season from local artisan producers and from the hotels walled garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Rathmullan House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rathmullan House Hotel Rathmullan
- House Rathmullan
- Rathmullan Hotel
- Rathmullan House Ireland - County Donegal