This is a great country house hotel.
Full of charm and character, perfect for a short stay to explore the amazing sites and countryside that Donegal has to offer. The hotel is far removed from the hussle and bussle of town life, if you want a peacefull and picture postcard getaway then this is for you. I stayed in a superior room which was well worth the upgrade, great sized room with freestanding bath and seperate shower. My room also had a seperate room for a four legged friend complete with dog bed. Love this and a great selling point for those people who like to travel with their doggy companions.
Food was very good and the staff were friendly and helpfull.
The only negetive was the size of the TV, on the small side to say the least.
All in all clean and tidy countryhouse, certainly one of the best that ive stayed in and well worth a look.
I stayed on business and found it relaxing and perfect for my needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rathmullan House is situated on the shores of Lough Swilly in Co. Donegal. With a 2 mile sandy beach at the bottom of the gardens it is a perfect spot to enjoy the outdoors. All 32 bedrooms are individually styled from romantic garden rooms to adjoining family rooms. The Weeping Elm Restaurant provides a fine setting for Kelan McMichaels modern cooking as well as the award winning breakfast for which Rathmullan is justly famous. Menus are based on using the freshest ingredients in season from local artisan producers and from the hotels walled garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Rathmullan House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rathmullan House Hotel Rathmullan
- House Rathmullan
- Rathmullan Hotel
- Rathmullan House Ireland - County Donegal