Have just had the pleasure of revisiting Dundrum House Hotel after 20 years for a family wedding. A lot of development has taken place there but it was just lovely to see that good old Irish hospitality lives on, together with old world charm. Have to take my hat off to Margaret though for her kindness and care to each and every one of us, on Sun and Mon especially. She is a real 'Irish Mammy' and cosseted us, fed us, searched for all the things we mislaid! She is a treasure to the establishment! Dan too was exceptional - anticipating healthy young men's desires for 'a bit of both' at Sunday lunch and serving up healthy portions of both chicken & beef to them. The wedding was a large one, almost 260 people but everything went smoothly. The food service was excellent and flowed smoothly, the quality of the food was superb, and everything that was meant to be was piping hot! The choice available for a wedding meal was unbelievable. We ordered when we sat down and service commenced as soon as speeches ended. The venue coped not just with the large wedding party but also with Santa visiting the estate and his many, many fans coming to see him. However, they did not impact on us whatsoever & it was magical to see Santa's train touring the grounds - my only disappointment, I needed to have booked to see him:( :( Finally, I have to compliment them on their coffee - beautifully smooth, rich and with superb flavour. Their coffee machines obviously well maintained and cleaned often. Well done to one and all at Dundrum House!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Georgian Manor House was built in 1730 for the bride of Lord Hawarden, the Earl of Montalt where ancient Irish chieftains, the O'Dwyers of Kilnamanagh once held the land. At the beginning of the century a religious order bought the property and in 1978, the Crowe family bought the house and adjoining lands that lay along the Multeen River.Located in the 'Golden Vale' this resort is located in the heart of Co Tipperary, 8 miles (13K) from Cashel Town, steeped in heritage, in one of the most picturesque settings. As you can imagine, this luxury country house hotel Tipperary is a wonderful country retreat, with old world charm and atmosphere. The Manor House was restored to it's former glory and the resort's ongoing property development provide, modern day comforts in a setting that retains the finest of the old. Absorb the history and beautiful antiques that adorn the manor bedrooms, drawing room, lounge and restaurant. This hotel seamlessly blends modern day living with modern bedrooms, health and leisure centre, wedding venue and spacious holiday homes, with old world charm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dundrum House Hotel, Golf and Leisure Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dundrum House Hotel, Golf And Leisure Hotel Dundrum
- Dundrum House Hotel, Golf And Leisure Resort Ireland - County Tipperary