“We loved Coté's Bed Breakfast!”

Cote's Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Grand Falls B&B and Inns
Montreal, Canada
“We loved Coté's Bed Breakfast!”
Reviewed August 8, 2011

This was my first stay at a B & B and I was a little nervous about what to expect (privacy, security, interacting with host/hostess), but I wound up loving the place! There were 2 locks & a chain lock on the inside of each room, along with a key to lock up your room when you go out, so no worries about security. The hostess Norma is a fabulous character. She is down to earth and will keep to herself if you are quiet, but if you want to chat (often during their great breakfasts) she is a very open and funny lady. The room (I stayed in the"Plum Room") was very clean and beautifully decorated. I loved the little touches like the fuzzy robes, Hershey Kisses, quality hand soap and CD player with audio CD's. I am an animal lover, so I was happy to give the occasional pat down to their very friendly cat and dogs (who did not come anywhere near our room). The location is amazing, it's only 2 minutes from the Falls, but still in a peaceful low traffic area that is very easy to locate. All in all it was a wonderful stay, and I cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: The "Plum Room" is a great size for a couple, or a couple with a young child and has plent...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed September 5, 2010

The rooms are comfortable, the price is reasonable, and the breakfast is pretty decent. That being said, we were a bit put off by the hostess, who didn't treat either of us in a particularly friendly way even when we called to inform her that we were running late. She spent most of her time talking on the phone or to other people and did not make much of an effort to talk to us or assure we were welcome. When we came down for breakfast, we were told to go back upstairs because the others weren't done yet.

Allergy sufferers beware- the dogs and cats are cute but they'll probably give you some trouble. The pets get treated better than the guests, unfortunately, and us being a young couple made us feel a bit like we were being treated like children.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank neekolai
montreal
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Very nice room in this convenient B&B located close to nearby restaurants in Grand falls...and there not many real restaurants other than fast foods! Breakfast is nice, host not much talkative though for a B&B. Two big dogs in the place, sometimes too loud especially at bedtime, maybe the only negative side of this place...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
England
Reviewed August 24, 2007

My husband and I stayed here on the last night of our east coast trip with our young baby. Unlike the last review we were made to feel very welcome. The room was a good size and had lovely amenities and the hot tub on the roof terrace was a wonderful way to relax. Breakfast was really good and the hosts were very friendly. I have to admit I was very surprised at the dogs being around - I didn't have a problem with them they were lovely dogs - but I did wonder how people with allergies felt .... maybe it would be a good idea for them to mention the presence of them on the web site or when people book.

• Liked — the hot tub
  • Disliked — the animals
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 30, 2006

Decided to book my first stay at a B&B here. I heard that staying at B&Bs was the best way to stay out east. I had heard nothing but good reports from others who had stayed at B&Bs and decided to give it a try. Unfortunately, this was my first encounter, and it has turned me off of B&Bs forever. First of all, I have pet allergies and was surprised to find out that the owner lets her multiple pets stay in the rooms on a regular basis. Second of all, the welcome was anything but hospitable! In fact, it was so unpleasant that we ended up filing a formal complaint with the tourist office, and having to find somewhere else to stay. All in all, I don't recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed August 2006
Maple Tourist Home Bed & Breakfast
Motel Leo
Motel Leo
#3 of 4 in Grand Falls

Been to Cote's Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!