“Warm and charming”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Grand Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Warm and charming”
Reviewed October 5, 2010

My friend and I stoped in Grand Falls because we heard such good things about this place and I must say that I have friends who are good reviewers! After a long trip from Toronto, in the rain, the staff greeted us and served us quickly so we could go to bed as soon as possible. Overall, the service at motel Leo is fast and very friendly. The room and restaurant was very clean and comfortable and everyone is so friendly. In the morning, the breakfast was nice and simple and again, the staff does everything to make our stay so comfortable. Very charming place. You must stop there when you'll visite Grand Falls. We were suppose to stay there only one night but decided to extend our stay because there was so much to visit! A place that I definately recommend!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank louisehelene

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 2, 2010

Had a 14 hour drive to New Brunswick, And decided it was time to pull over and get some sleep. Paid 109.00 for a room with 2 double beds. When entering the room it smelt musty, and my husband wanted to take a shower, only to find out the Hot water tap was stripped and wouldnt turn on ..He went to the front desk to change rooms and was told we need not do that, that there would be someone there in the next few minutes to fix it . We waited 20 min before someone showed and it was fixed. We were to tired by then and went straight to bed. Got up the next morning and were showered, dressed and out by 8:30 am .. After a weeks vacation and returning home we recieved a letter in the mail charging us 384.00. for items taken from hotel room and a 300.00 fine for smoking in the room .. We did not take a single thing and there was no smoking in the room .. I have tried a number of times to get in touch with the manager but he is never availible. So I have sent a fax stateing I will not be paying for these charges. My advice is to advoid this Motel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank allcanadiangirl
Caraquet, Canada
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Everytime I go through Grand Falls I always stop and stay at Motel Leo, the folks are freindly and service is great. I travel around alot and have stayed at many, everytime I stay there I get a good night sleep. wake up have a nice brunch and out to my days work I go.

Thanks Motel Leo till next time I drive through.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank Daniel G
Bert S, Owner at Motel Leo, responded to this review, July 18, 2015
Thank you for your reply and we are happy you enjoy our place and hope to see you again, in different circumstances; and anxious to see your family. We appreciate your comments & please tell others and they will find us; word of mouth is the best advertising. We are EXIT 75 & 77 and we are easy to be find. We wish you all a great vacation, enjoy life. Bert S
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed May 25, 2010

The place was okay but they charged me for a missing pillow that I most certainly did not take. How crooked can you get? I think they're out to take your money!

If you have to stay here PAY IN CASH or just avoid this place all together.

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank S-Trips
Rochester, NY
Reviewed June 24, 2007

We stopped here for a night on our way back to Ontario. The rooms were small and outdated but I have to say the place was clean. The only really bad part was the Breakfast. If they would have had what they should have had it would have been fine. I poured a cup of coffee and there was no cream. I asked the girl at the desk and she said sorry there was none and she would make a note. I then went to have a bowl of cereal and they only had Skim Milk available. I asked the girl again and she said soory she will make a note. I hate milk in my coffee and I hate Skim Milk even more! I think for a nightly rate of $90.00 we deserved better. The staff were all nice but they all seemed new and didn't know a lot. I asked what time check out was and the girl said that no one told her a time so just leave when you are ready. So overall, a clean room but a dirty breakfast!

Stayed June 2007
2 Thank Rochester_Seniors
Mattoon, Illinois
Reviewed August 23, 2006

This place is located on the outskirts of town. It has been around for quite a while - the furnishings are outdated. The rooms are small and the air conditioner worked but not well.

On the other hand, the staff were very friendly. The free breakfast was nice. And the cost was low.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Room was small, furnishings were old.
  • Stayed July 2005, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank joan&mike
Sarnia,ON
Reviewed July 18, 2004

Summer of 2003 stayed at the Leo Motel for 1 night en route to Halifax, NS. The room was clean & basic (on the small side), the people were very friendly (check-in and check-out were quick), breakfast in the little restaurant/ cafe attached was good and a very good value, but the beds were ever so hard to the extreme.

2 Thank RobandAngela
Maple Tourist Home Bed & Breakfast
Cote's Bed & Breakfast
Cote's Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 3 in Grand Falls

Been to Motel Leo? Share your experiences!