“Nice place To Stay.”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Grand Falls
Halifax, Canada
“Nice place To Stay.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Only stayed one night but really enjoyed hotel. I don't know how old this hotel is but the rooms, furniture, beds are like in new condition. Staff very friendy. Small but adequate fitness room. Plenty of parking. Easily located.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at ground level if you have lots of luggage. Makes for ease for unloading and load...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ronald E862,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We have been around a long time but try to update our property regularly. We do have a friendly staff who try to make your stay a pleasant one.
Hope to see you again soon.
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed August 30, 2013

An older but well-kept hotel. Pleased with cleanliness of rooms and pool/hot tub. Very welcome after a very long day of travelling from Ontario. Two teenagers in tow and they were happy too. Breakfast good for all. Very helpful upon our arrival to provide local pizza delivery recommendations. Will stay again if ever travelling this way again.

Dear Jakeez,
I was pleased to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable. A lot of families enjoy our property because of all the things that kids can do. Our cleaning staff do a great job with the rooms. Our front desk and restaurant staff make our clients feel right at home.
Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Have been staying at this hotel for the past 20 years now on our way from Toronto to Cape Breton and back but this year will be the last. The bathroom in the room we were in this summer flooded everytime the people in the room above us flushed their toilet. No discount was offered for having to put up with toilet water pouring down on us all night, not even an apology.Then one of their staff almost side swipes me in the parking lot as he is cutting across parking spots, when I try and talk to him about it all I get is attitude from him, great way to deal with your customers. Then I get my Visa bill in the mail and they double charge me for the night we stayed there on the way down. The quality in this Quality Inn does not exsist anymore and even though they allow pets to stay there I would not even let my dog spend a night in this hotel.

Shame on you for letting this hotel get to this stage and shame on you for hiring crooks to run your hotel.

The Hill Top in Grand Falls will get all my business moving forward. I have advised all in our family about our bad experience and they will no longer be booking into this Quality Inn either.

Dave LeBlanc

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dave L
Jean L, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Mr. LeBlanc,
I was sorry to hear that you had a subpar stay with us in July. Usually our staff registers any guest complaints and steps are taken to correct them, but I saw nothing marked in the book regarding your stay. Nevertheless I am sorry that it was not addressed while you were on site and I’m sure we can come to some sort of compromise.
I would also like to discuss with you what happened in the parking lot and get to the bottom of that incident.
I do however take exception to your comments about us being crooks. An honest mistake was made on your invoice and we corrected it the same day you called to inform us of this mistake. My parents started this business 47 years ago and worked very hard to build relationships with their clientele. As you mentioned you have stayed here for 20 years so we must have done a lot of things right to earn your trust. I would hate to see a loyal client leave us after one unfortunate stay.
I would like to have the opportunity to discuss this further with you and after our discussions if you still feel the same way then I’ll at least get the chance to thank you in person for your patronage during the last two decades. I can be reached at 1888-473-1300 during normal business hours.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We had to stop and rest because of the storm and I must say the Bed and clean linens were a welcome sight . The room clean and inviting. One thing bothers me is the rugs in Hotel rooms
I always worry because of allergies. I cant say anything but nice things about this Hotel. The complimentary breakfast was very nice .Food that would satisfy most families .We were there for five hours only however could see how clean and nice the Hotel was You would make no mistake to stay at this Hotel

Room Tip: room28 had two beds ,seem to be quiet and nice ,it was just off the parking. We didn't mind, was...
Dear Nannamv,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor. It is comments such as yours that keep us going and want to improve our product so other people can enjoy our property just like you did.
Hope you had a nice vacation and we are looking forward to serving you again in the future.
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were there with another couple on the night of August 5, and had a totally different experience than the softball teams, our check in was pleasant and efficient, the clerk even walked us to the door to the parking area and pointed out the easiest way to our room. We had a great meal in the dining room that evening, best lobster roll ever!. The next morning it was evident that the hotel was busy and it seemed that everybody was getting an early start so the breakfast area was definitely overcrowded, however staff were doing their best to cope with the rush and making extra tables available in the bar area. We, and our friends understood the situation and long lines and were quite satisfied with our breakfast and with the service. This is not a 4 star hotel, but it was clean and a bit more than what we expected for the price. When travelling with a large group of young people, some inconveniences should be expected, some patience is required, and an understanding that other people may be inconvenienced!

Room Tip: Book ahead and specify non-smoking. Check ahead for policy on pets.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear 07goodtogo

First of all Thank you, yours are the kinds of comments we usually receive from our guests. I was working that particular weekend and we were extremely busy. It`s comforting to know that some people understand certain situations and can take an objective look at the big picture.

As hoteliers we are at the mercy of the of the social media craze. When I attended our last convention in Las Vegas I wanted to stay at New York New York because of it`s central location. Most people would have never stayed there after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. Fortunately I understood most of those complaints and booked our stay there regardless of all the negativity. It was one of my best stays in Vegas.

Your review confirms that our entire staff works hard to accommodate guests. Our Gold Award places us in the top 10% of all choice hotels across Canada. We are proud of our accomplishments and will keep on giving our best service to our loyal guests.

Thank you again for your kind words and hope to serve you again in the near future.

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Old but well-kept hotel with conference rooms and separate cottages. Comfortable beds but they are double, not queen. Breakfast was great with home-made baked beans and good muffins. However, fruit was canned bread was of mass production quality. It was very nice to eat with pottery & metal utensils instead of the ubiquitous plastic found in most hotels with breakfast included. Only downside was being misled by the description "Lake View" for which I paid an extra $10. The "lake" is actually a large pond between the motel and the separate cottages on the property. Don't bother paying extra unless you're staying for more than 1 night.

Dear Lebljc
Thank you for the nice comments. Most people enjoy our hot and cold deluxe breakfast. A lot of people ask for our lake view rooms especially with a balcony where they can sit at night and watch all activities around our pond. Hope to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

An impromptu stop on our way to the cabot trail. We were treated great from the moment we walked in the door. Great huge bed! Very clean. And we had an 8 duck welcoming commitee at our car!! Would stay here again. Breakfast is a plus and helped get us back on the road. The service was friendly and warm and made us feel at home.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Mad Dougie,
Congratulations & glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us even if it was not a scheduled stop. Sometimes those are the best as you do not have any expectations and are just looking for a clean comfortable stay.
Thanks for your kind review and I hope you had a great conclusion to your honeymoon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grand Falls
Aroostook Hospitality Inn - Van Buren
Crown Park Inn
Crown Park Inn
#2 of 2 in Caribou

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!