Hill Top Motel & Restaurant
$113
$129
$97
Maple Tourist Home Bed & Breakfast(Grand Falls)(Great Value!)
$70
  • Restaurant
$125
$101
$74
All reviewssecond floornova scotiabalcony overlookinglasagnafood was wonderfulincluded in the room pricethe east coastfree wifistayed one nightgood food at a reasonable priceliverlocation is greatahead of timefull servicenext morningcoffee makerfries
Reviewed September 11, 2010

We selected Grand Falls as a halfway point between Ontario and the Maritimes, and we couldn't have been more pleased with what we found. We checked in late at night (1am) and were please to find:
-clean, spacious rooms,
-nice bathrooms,
-a mini-fridge,
-a nice-sized TV,
-free wi-fi.
Beds were clean and comfortable. Remember, this is a motel and not the Four Seasons so adjust your expectations accordingly, but for a motel the beds were great. The staff was very friendly and accommodating; in fact, someone backed into our car in the parking lot but one of the maids saw it, wrote down the license plate number and called our room immediately so we could catch the lady before she drove off.
The location is great; though it was late at night we easily found the place.
There is a restaurant in the motel that serves food from 6am-10pm. Didn't go, but it looks good.

Best of all, the rates here are a fraction of what you'd find in a Best Western but with all the amenities.
I would definitely recommend this place to anyone traveling through Grand Falls.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2010

I selected this motel as a midway point of a 10-hour road trip based on the positive reviews. I could not have been more disappointed - the decor of the room was out of 1950s, but that could be overlooked if the beds were comfortable - I felt as if I were sleeping on a wooden floor. The size of the room could accommodate a single bed but not two doubles. Linens and pillows were well past their prime, with lumps. The value was not good as we paid over $100 for the night, especially when comparing with a 4 -star hotel we stayed at the next night for $150. The management would do well by upgrading the key features, like beds and linens.
The restaurant however was quite nice - breakfast was well prepared and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2009

We were on our way to Montreal and booked the room from home, ahead of time. If you get off the highway at Madawaska Road and drive into Grand Falls, you will see it on the right hand side. We stayed there the Thursday night before Thanksgiving. When we got there, my husband checked in and said that the girl at the front desk was very nice. He came back to the car with a local newspaper.

We could park in front of our room, and pass the luggage in from the trunk, which is convenient. The room was small, but very clean. I noticed a small white fridge and a microwave so we were able to heat up some food, and store our milk overnight. Also there is a large Superstore, about 2 minutes up the road, for people who are staying longer.

The bathroom was very clean, had a great shower and eco-friendly shampoo and shower gel dispensers. In the morning I was happy to find a good hair dryer in the drawer, along with two extra pillows. The thermostat worked fine, we were able to turn on the heat as it was around 3 C outside. The internet also worked fine, and was much appreciated along with cable TV.

The double bed was a little small, and a little hard, but overall, it is a well managed property. The room cost $78 before taxes, and was very quiet.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Stayed overnight en route from the Bay of Fundy to Quebec City. Room on second floor overlooking the falls,clean and comfortable. Dinner and breakfast in the Motel restaurant was good value for money

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2009

We usually stay at the Best Western if we are too late to clear the Plaster Rock highway enroute to the Miramichi, but found this hotel in the NB Tourism guide. Not only was it 30 % less than price of the BW, but you can actually get a room with a balcony so you can enjoy the outdoors in the summer/fall. Our room (#1) was not large, but was recently renovated, immaculate and equipped with a fridge, microwave, in room coffee with fresh cream in the fridge, Bateman prints on the wall, free wireless internet and very friendly staff. We booked at the last minute on Labour Day weekend, but if I had the opportunity to book at a less busy time, I would request a room from room 30 - 35, which are second floor rooms with balcony and a view of the gorge. You cannot really see the falls because of a hydro dam but it's still better than looking at the highway from the BW. I will absolutely stay here everytime I need a hotel in Grand Falls. Oh, and by the way.. I have never taken the opportunity to actually go to the downtown area of Grand Falls since I am usually travelling to Miramichi from Ontario. I suggest you do. Restaurants like Le Grand Sault make it worth your while.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple