All reviews the ground floor self service lovely hotel hot food enjoyable stay bar food porridge buffet style county wicklow first morning town centre stayed for one night net curtains staff were lovely food was lovely car park sea front
Selected filters
Reviewed January 4, 2019 via mobile

The Republic of Ireland was beautiful, of course Dublin, a picturesque city, easily walkable and very interesting.
There was easily enough to entertain us for about 3 days, before we took a drive through the mountains and well kept surrounding villages.
Unfortunately I read the reviews for the hotel after booking this trip with my mother, the negative reviews were completely accurate.
I contacted the hotel prior to our arrival to request the cleanest, newest, mould free room available and given the reply stating we would be in the new part of the hotel, I pity those who were not even afford this curtesy. From our group we certainly were not the only guest to be disappointed. The breakfast was indeed generous and dinners adequate given the cost.
The room was as pictured, mould in all corners, previous water damage evident, masses of cobwebs hanging over the beds and in corners. The bathroom extractor fan needs no explanation. These were the main problems, there were others. What a shame!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 1letsgothere
Reviewed December 10, 2018

Spacious room, large bed, well appointed bathroom with good supply of hot water. Easy to find by car and adequate parking. Breakfast available at 0700 on weekdays, 0730 at weekends, good variety of hot food, juices, fruit and bread. We stayed three nights and were happy with the price we paid.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2018

Always use this hotel when visiting relatives and it never disappoints. Good sized clean rooms with a good breakfast and conveniently located for transport to the airport using the airbus.The food at the bar is also excellent.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2018 via mobile

I got trapped with traffic and weather and someone suggested The Wilion Hotel for a meal a wait. I must say Anna who was my first contact in the bar/restaurant suggested what to eat drink and maybe best idea to stay as it will be safe and no stress. I did and enjoyed my dinner and wine. Thank you.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Trip06238315009
Reviewed October 16, 2018

Small bar. becomes an issue when there are too many tipplers in the evening and queues are huge. Same thing repeated in morning- however restaurant is bigger. They are inviting several groups - tourist staying there. so it's always crowded. Checkin checkout is very swift.

Date of stay: June 2018