“Family overnight break”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Bray
Galway, Ireland
“Family overnight break”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I worried about some of the reviews suggesting this place was scruffy. Our family room was very clean. Yes, there were occasional stains on carpet/couch but that aside it was all definitely well cleaned! The room was very big, we had 2 large doubles and two singles. Linen on beds and in bathroom all immaculate. Beds and pillows to firm for my hubby, they were a bit, but that's personal choice I guess. Bathroom no extractor fan or window, again more hotel's problem don't know how they manage damp/mould, but was not a problem for us during our stay. I found reception staff bland but we had no particular difficulties with check-in/out.

We walked to local restaurant in Bray town (The Martello) took about 20-25 mins with our young teenagers. There are loads of local taxi companies if that suits you better or the night is wet.

Their breakfast is good. Self serve selection, topped up regularly. Don't stay here if you want to be waited by on hand & foot but great for self serve and sort yourself! Food fresh and not greasy - and I'm very fussy about that. I would definitely stay here again, hope it's as good the next time. Would recommend for a short family break.

Room Tip: I think some rooms may be quite small. (we had large family room). If this important for you maybe c...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Geordieingalway

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed January 1, 2014

just back from spending new years eve at the wilton hotel bray with my family ...
had a lovely time the rooms were lovely clean and spacious the food was lovely and the service was very good no long waits for food ... we were in room 507 a lovely room huge bed the staff were very pleasant especially the manager stephen so helpful and cheerful ... overall this hotel is modern bright clean and welcoming ...the only negative thing i would say is the music for new years eve was bad and needs to be reviewed there was no atmosphere with the choice of music the guy was playing it needed someone to really get the crowd going with some 60s up to today choice of music ..... would stay there again for short stay

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Mon_Jessica, Manager at Wilton Hotel Bray, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Hello Catherine,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Wilton hotel. I am happy to hear you found the food good and staff pleasant.
I have taken your comments on board with regard to the music on new years eve.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Just back from a great 2 days at the Wilton. Lovely friendly and helpful staff particularly the lady on reception. Food and drinks on new years eve were very good. Great location for walkers. Will be back. Thanks

Room Tip: 201 was good with nice view
Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I'll start with the good, the receptionist on arrival was an absolute joy. She was friendly and helpful and honestly the best thing about the hotel.
Walking to our room we noticed a very strong damp smell all among the corridor. The hotel was dull and while it was obviously not busy we were put in a room as far from reception as was possible.
We were out for the evening when we returned we were straight to bed but woken a number of times as the fire alarm was going off. We rang reception and were told there was nothing they could do it was a fault and basically tough.

We missed our breakfast as we were so exhausted from being woken so many times during the night. So I can't comment on how good bad or indifferent it was.

On check out my partner mentioned the alarm issue again and was greeted with the same attitude as the night before, nothing we can do. If I had been paying there is no way I would have paid for the room. No offer of any discount or anything. Absolutely disgraceful service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stierdafa
Hello Stierdafa,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am disappointed to hear you did not have a good experience while staying at the Wilton Hotel

It is great to here such positive reviews about the receptionist and I will pass these onto the team.

Please accept my apologies for the fire alarm going off and affecting your stay in such a negative way with us. Unfortunately this is beyond our control and is safety feature in the hotel.

Our apologies for any upset caused to you and your partner. If you wish to discuss it further please do contact us on 01 2760258.

Jessica

Travelers are raving about these Bray hotels

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel inclusive 16th-19th of Dec2013 room 507. On my arrival the first night, I was informed food stopped servicing at 19.45 which was fine and I would know for duration of my stay. On second night had food at 19.20 after finishing work. Arrived back third night(tonight) at 19.30 and I was informed kitchen was closed. I spoke with a blonde girl and said it was 19.45 I understood. Eventually she made me a sandwich. While sitting down then eating, a few others came in and were checking in and I could also hear them asking for food. They were informed that they had stopped serving. Most hotels I stay in which is average two nights a week(business related) are open till 21.00-21.30. After I had finished I went upto reception to offer advice and to note this on there website so people are not let down on arrival and left hungary. There alternative iwas four star or dominos Pizza. People don't normally stay in hotels to then have to order pizza. The lady behind reception then informed me that they stopped serving food in the winter at 19.45. I informed her(lady with grey hair) that I had arrived at 19.30 and she was sitting in the lounge area with a younger lady eating at my time of me asking for dinner and she ws nearly beside me also. She then apologised and in my view didn't mean it because I caught her out about the time of dinner finishing. I was here at 19.30. Not very impressed. I also brought a work colleague for lunch both days which was in my view extra business. The food is very good and reasonable except for the sandwich I got which was 8e for ham and cheese and a cup of tea. Just wished they were more understading and appreciated of the business I gave them because I will think twice next time.

Room Tip: check before you book for meal times so you don't end up disapointed on arrival
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chalky2005
Mon_Jessica, Manager at Wilton Hotel Bray, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Hello,

I am sorry to hear that about this incident during your stay with us. I would like to apologise for this as food should have been available till 19.45(winter hours). Please contact us info@wiltonhotelbray.com to discuss this matter in more detail.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night for a work party... I was greeted by a very nice receptionist and given a nice room. they room was warm and large.. with a huge bed... really nice and relaxing.

The breakfast room was very nice, a good choice of hot and cold food.. and everything was fresh.

Would stay here again !!

Room Tip: check their early bird room rate - I got a Superior room for the same price as a double.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Seanky
Manager_at, Manager at Wilton Hotel Bray, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Hello Seanky,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review on our hotel. I am happy to here you enjoyed your stay and will return. We pride ourselves on our breakfast buffet and am happy you enjoyed this.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2013

With a family of 6 it is not always easy to find somewhere that we can all stay without having to take several rooms. We took one of the family rooms that slept all 6 of us. The room was plenty big enough with a sitting area in front of the TV for us all to relax in. It was clean and the beds were very comfortable. It was obvious that the hotel has been well used (in places the decor was tired and the fixtures fraying around the edges) but this would not put us off from coming back. It was very cheap for what we got so in that sense you do get what you pay for. Staff were very friendly and food great value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DoctorVini
Hello PapaVincent,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Wilton Hotel. I am very happy to hear you and you family enjoyed your stay with us. We are very lucky to have such large family rooms to cater for families over 4 . We are constantly trying to upgrade the hotel and are making small changes continuously to update the décor.
Thank you for your lovely comments on the staff and food. We look forward to welcoming your family back in the future.

Jessica
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bray
The Martello Hotel
#1 of 1 in Glen Of The Downs
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
#1 of 2 in Newtown Mount Kennedy

Been to Wilton Hotel Bray? Share your experiences!