“Excellent Hotel - Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Wilton Hotel Bray

Wilton Hotel Bray
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Bray
Cork Ireland
“Excellent Hotel - Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Good hotel, very clean, good location.

We had a double room with a balconey - not much of a view but nice to have all the same. Rooms are very well finished, nicely decorated and modern.

Location is excellent, very convenient for Hell and Back 10k Race. Very close to M50 so easy to get to Dublin City and beyond.

Breakfast was average, full Irish was poor but pastries etc were nice.

Would I stay again - yes definitely.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balconey
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank n0k
HelenStrandwood, Public Relations Manager at Wilton Hotel Bray, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Hello thanks for your great review on your recent stay, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay, fair play to you doing the Hell and Back hope it went well for you. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Bray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed for 2 night and had a great experience... Some of the hotel perhaps need up dating but we found it to be clean and comfortable. Great sized rooms and very comfortable beds plenty of room for us all (2 adults and 3 chiildren) . Lovely breakfast great choice , and again in the evening the bar food was great! Very friendly and helpful staff. We would definitely stay again as its fantastic value for money ! :)

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Donna Marie Downey
HelenStrandwood, Public Relations Manager at Wilton Hotel Bray, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your great review on your recent stay at the Wilton Hotel Bray. I am delighted you and your family enjoyed your stay and found the accommodation big enough and comfortable. Its good to see you enjoyed both breakfast and evening meals and the friendly staff. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again.

Wilton Hotel Bray
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Our family of five (two adults, two teenagers and a three year old) stayed for one night in September. I was worried that we would not all fit in one room. However space was not an issue with a double bed, two single beds, a sofa bed and a pull out mattress. Room was comfortable. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful. My daughter was given a little activity book which was a nice touch. Breakfast was excellent with a wide choice of hot food, fruit, pastries, cereals and juices. This hotel was good value and we will stay here if we ever find ourselves in Bray again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kas K
HelenStrandwood, Public Relations Manager at Wilton Hotel Bray, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Hello and thank you for your review I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay at the Wilton Hotel Bray and that the accommodation was perfect for your family of 5. We certainly look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Co Derry N Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Booked in for B+B from 30th Oct. - 2nd Nov.
Very easy accessed following our AA map route, as this was first visit and I was driving .
My first experience on entering reception was the welcome we received from the receptionist after our 3 + 1/2 hr. journey, this was most refreshing as in the past most receptionists wouldn't even give you a smile or comment the length of your journey or pleased to see you coming through their doors for business.
Our bedroom smelt of smoke and we were quickly offered a different room...........even thought it was non smoking room. Our new room was bigger and better.
Staff were excellent at all times and spoke to you on corridors etc.
The breakfast was all self service although a member of staff was on hand at all times in the Dining Room if required.The display and range of food was suitable for locals and European tastes .Every morning there was a different choice of items most refreshing ie not always predictable......this is the thing about breakfasts and they can become very boring !
I was helped with Restaurant venues, computer usage , catching buses or trains locally. In the end we used both. We walked visited areas like Dalky, first visit and walked and walked.
Dalky most interesting and plenty of eateries and staff/owners very friendly. Sorry to say did not like Bray at all, driving through the town exasperating , traffic lights and traffics lights build up of cars, no Garda or traffic wardens to keep things moving in-fact the temper was very short one evening when driving my own car . Long streets to waterfront however one evening we walked from Bray to Hotel as we would have to wait 20mins for bus...........dry crisp weather and good lighting not to talk about calories burnt off !!!!!!!!!!
Ate in Greystones very pleasant.
Visited Mount Usher........a must for everyone.
The Gardens out of the world the colour of the trees and ambiance ........wonderful ......this is where all sick people and sad people need to go for therapy. A visit also to the Avoca Cafe completes the experience. I have been to Mount Usher moons ago and hope to return again sometime. V good value and busy hotel ...................enjoy !

Room Tip: I always ask for a quiet room but this Hotel was not at all noisy. I would sleep at least on 2nd flo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
HelenStrandwood, Public Relations Manager at Wilton Hotel Bray, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Hello and thank you for your lovely review which we will pass on to all the staff here. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and would quite agree with you on Mount Usher. I am pleased you enjoyed our breakfast and large family rooms we certainly hope we see you again.

Co Wicklow
Lafayette, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

The check-in for our two-night stay occurred on a day when the hotel staff had attended the funeral of a long-time employee and such occasions are always sad ones. Regardless, the person who checked us in was one of the least professional receptionists I’ve ever encountered. She addressed me repeatedly by my first name (I am 77-years old and, although I often encourage people to use that first name it was very out-of-place in this instance) despite her extreme youth. It went downhill from there. She failed to read the documentation for my reservation and insisted that we were only booked in for one night. Had she read the next page of her own paperwork she would have found the correct information. The result of her failing to do so was that she coded our keys for one night only and never corrected them when she got the right information. This required another unexpected trip and unwelcome trip to Reception the next day when we returned from an all-day outing and got to our room and found ourselves locked out..

The room to which we had been assigned is one of their larger ones and on “a corner” (the part of the building which is rounded). There are four rooms on each of the three floors which are on these “corners” and they are a bit larger than the other ones. Unfortunately, although a strong Wi-Fi signal is available throughout the rest of the hotel, it is impossible, according to a more senior staff member, to get any signal at all into these rooms. Thus, use of my iPad required me to leave our room even though a strong signal could be found in the hallway a few steps from that room. The person who checked me in didn’t know any of this and kept insisting that there is Wi-Fi in every room and that I should turn my device off and back on. She did offer to move our room but I declined because, by this time, my wife was in the shower. She kept replying to everything as I said as “no problem” and I took great exception to this because it was a problem.

The car park behind our room is where they park the coaches for group visits. At 7:55 a.m. on a Saturday morning that area became a playground for a coach-and-a-half load of middle school travelers. The noise they produced was still going on 50 minutes later when we went to breakfast as the second coach hadn't arrived to take the dozen or so stragglers away.

The hotel’s website says (as of today, October 9, 2012) that their Parklands Restaurant serves dinner daily. It does not. Our only option Friday night was their lounge which served a decent meal but it was not the restaurant they promote and, thus, lacked proper tables and staffing and offered only a limited menu. The Parklands Restaurant facility is used for their breakfast offering which was most unappealing. Everything is designed to be self-service with no eggs cooked to order. Consequently the fried eggs and poached eggs were all overcooked with no soft yolks witnessed by us on either day. The buffet area was very short on space making serving oneself a real challenge when others were present.

The bedside table on my side had a bulb in it perfectly suited to be a night light but no one could have read by it. The most disheartening thing about all of the above is that I discussed most of the above items with the owner not once, but, twice. He was very friendly, open to my comments, and even solicited more information and input from us based on my wife’s and my background in the hotel industry. But, to our disappointment, my bedside table lamp was not even changed (his reaction when I told him about the light bulb was to say, "Looks like we're economizing in the wrong places.) and we didn’t receive so much as a thank you note for our input or so much as an apology.

Room Tip: If you need Wi-Fi, be sure to check that your room has it. If you like to sleep late in the morning...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HelenStrandwood, Public Relations Manager at Wilton Hotel Bray, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Hello, thank you for your feedback and we certainly take your comments on board and they have been passed on to the management team to ensure everyone takes notes of the points you have raised. We value all our guests and try to ensure everyone enjoys an excellent stay with us.

Bray

Travelers are raving about these Bray hotels

Wichita, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Our room was rather small, but clean. Free breakfast was average, nothing special. There is a small bar area in the lobby which was nice for a drink before heading to bed. Certainly no character. Felt it was similar to an average, small hotel in America.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review I am pleased you found the room clean, the food ok and the bar was nice for a drink.

Helen o'Reilly
Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We booked this hotel at the last minute. We didn't expect much for the price, but we were really surprised by the Wilton Hotel. The reception staff were so helpful, professional & accommodating. They answered any questions we had about getting around the area, and even let me sit behind the Reception desk when I needed to access a computer.

The room was spacious, really comfortable & spotlessly clean. We slept like babies!!!!

The breakfast was included in our rate, and there was a great selection of foods, both hot & cold, and the service was excellent.

I will definitely book to stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello, thank you for your review I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Wilton Hotel Bray. I am pleased you found our staff friendly and helpful, enjoyed a comfortable stay and a great breakfast. We would love to welcome you back again.

Bray
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bray
The Martello Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,932 reviews
Summerhill House Hotel
Summerhill House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Enniskerry

Been to Wilton Hotel Bray? Share your experiences!