“The 5 star Gourmet Cafe and Restaurant of Wicklow Since the late 80's”
Review of Avoca

Avoca
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Bray
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have been to this fine gourmet café and restaurant many times since it started way back in the late 1980's. The food is just fabulous and is made with the best of the finest ingredients and is lovingly prepared on the day you eat the same. Prices are a little high, but its worth it all the way ! Well done Leylie Hayes Head Chef, and Simon Pratt M.D.

2  Thank john m

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Excellent produts and foods.
But the prices are very high.
You can enjoy a very good coffee and have a look in the very good quality products. Worth a visit!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The food here is a bit pricy but fabulous, wholesome fresh food. Even the water is served so nicely. The desserts are amazing. The restaurant itself is set amongst beautiful trees and is so bright and airy. A treat for mind, body and soul :)

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife's birthday was last weekend and we planned to have dinner with two of our closest friends who regularly dine with us. I'm a vegetarian and we always book restaurants where there is a proper vegetarian option. On viewing the Fern cafe menu on-line I was disappointed to see that Risotto was about as much as they were offering. So the day before, I went to the bother of driving up to the restaurant to ask if they could provide their lunch offering of Superfood salad. I was assured it wasn't a problem and when we arrived I was asked on two occasions if I was the Superfood salad person. What arrived out was basically asparagus and broccoli, which was nothing like the superfood salad (butternut squash, broccoli, edamame, red cabbage, blueberries, sunflower seeds, quinoa with feta, smoked nuts and their own French dressing). For a Company that produces salad recipe books, it is most disappointing that they can't live up to their promises. €220 later and I'm still not full !!!

1  Thank JohnfromWicklow
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

As with the other Avocas, the food is nice but it is a little expensive at nearly 15euro for a main.