“great food”

Jim Doyle & Sons
Ranked #61 of 96 Restaurants in Bray
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed July 27, 2013

lovely food must try the open steak sandwich its delicious and the kids meals were great too, great location on the sea front

There are newer reviews for Jim Doyle & Sons

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Lovely food (I can heartily recommend the steak sandwich), friendly service and a great atmosphere. Big screens showing all the live sport you could wish to see (the pub even has it's own set of rugby posts)... next time I'm in Bray I'll definitely be back in Doyles.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We'd read reviews here, so thought we'd try ourselves, and our expectations were surpassed.

Ushered to very comfy seats by the fire when we arrived, guided through a fairly straightforward traditional menu with good humour, we chose to go for the 2 course meal with steaks (just €16.95) for us, with the children having chicken nugets (he was feeling less adventurous then ever..) and a kids roast dinner.

Our starters of battered mushrooms with dips and salads were delicious, but the steaks were tremendous! each of us had them cooked just as we liked, and they were good steaks, tender, tasty, just lovely.

Chicken nuggets arrived on top of a huge basket of chips, and the roast dinner came with generous pieces of beef, plenty of fresh veg and some comforting mash.

A special note needs to be made of the guy who served us and took care of us. Served is the word. He was great. When I ordered some soft drinks he informed me it would be cheaper to buy a bigger bottle of a soft drink rather than individual glasses. He brought a bottle of cordial to the table for us to add ourselves to our tastes. The Guinness I had, (my first this visit) was just so perfectly poured and presented it almost seemed a shame to drink it. Almost...

All in all a wonderful place for family Sunday lunch, I can't recommend it highly enough!

1  Thank Jonathan S
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Come here a lot just for the food. Very tasty and always a good crowd in Jim Doyles. Sunday dinners are the best. Real home cooked proper food. Good value too.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Jim Doyles is the quintessential rugby supporters bar.
Great atmosphere around International match times.
Really good value hearty food.
Just a few metres from the beautiful Victorian esplanade & beach sitting below Bray head.

Thank CK2.3