“Good location”
Review of Esplanade Hotel

Esplanade Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Bray
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Chose this hotel for the free parking, walk to train. pleasant staff - bartender made sure the kitchen stayed open for us with 5 minutes to spare, and that was much appreciated. Right on the beach. Clean room. Older hotel, but nice.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kevin K
HelenStrandwood, Public Relations Manager at Esplanade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at Esplanade Hotel, Bray I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and our great location. I am glad the staff looked after you well as we try to do to all our guests. Hope we see you again soon.

Helen o'Reilly
Esplanade Hotel
Bray

Reviewed April 17, 2012

first night in hotel good welcome
expensive drinks close on sea front
warm room may be to warm
great staff
Great brakfast selection apart from rubbery eggs

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review, sorry about the rubbery eggs we will check that out and ensure they are kept fresh. I am pleased you enjoyed our good location.

Esplanade hotel Bray

Reviewed April 11, 2012

staff friendly enough ,but room well under sized seriously needing updating to keep up with other hotels at the same price range ,dirty cutlery and tea pots at breakfast .wont be stopping again plus no heating in room

• Stayed: April 2012

Hello sorry to read your review and find you did not enjoy your stay with us. I have passed your comments on to the department heads to get them to address the shortfalls that impacted the qualitity of your stay.

Esplanade Hotel Bray

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Our nights sleep was only spoilt by the Hen party that lasted until 6am on our corridor. The hotel is a great imposing building with really helpful and friendly staff and clean and comfortable rooms. The car park is round the back but is not secure whihc was a slight worry for our motorbikes. I would definately stay here again as it was resonably prices and an ideal location for visiting Bray.

Room Tip: Aviod the triple rooms on weekends as they attract the hen / stag parties
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sam F
Reviewed March 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed here with my elderly parents and had a wonderful and relaxing break. The staff were lovely and extremely helpful. The first night my parents had a problem with the plumbing in their bedroom which we reported in the morning as we were going out. When we returned a couple of hours later they were given the keys to a really beautiful room with fabulous sea views which my parents loved. When we stayed the weather was fabulous and the heating was turned off during the day in the bedrooms, however, my parents (in their 80's) feel the cold so when we phoned reception the heating was immediately turned back on.

Room Tip: I would recommend a non-smoking room with a sea view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank EKL894
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel at end of Jan 2012, we got a great deal of double room, breakfast and dinner for less than €100. When booking I had read on trip advisor about issues people had being near function rooms re noise at night, so when I booked I requested a room away from these. On arrival our room was on the top floor....away from any noise. The staff were polite and friendly, the room was ok, small, but clean and functional.
There were some great bars on the seafront, and we had the dinner in the hotel later that evening which again was fine, waitress was nice and attentive and there were no delays.
When we returned later that night there was a 21st birthday party in full flight so we were glad we got a room away from any noise....not that we noticed any.
Breakfast next day was nice, good choice and tasty food.
Overall quite happy with our stay. It is a 3 star and doesn't profess to be any more than that. We'd happily go again and would love to bring friends along.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dave E
HelenRamadaBray, Public Relations Manager at Esplanade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2012

Hello and thank you for your review on your recent stay at the Esplanade Hotel, Bray. I am pleased to read you enjoyed and experienced the best in our food accommodation and friendly staff as well as our great and convenient location. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Western Esplanade Hotel Bray

Reviewed January 21, 2012

Myself and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel New years Eve. Got to the hotel about 7pm and the girl on reception was lovely, so friendly and helpful. Went to our room and it was quiet big, 2 large double beds. window looked out on the carpark but that didnt matter to us. Lovely en-suite bathroom aswell.
We didnt eat in the hotel so i cant make any comment on the food. We came back to the hotel just after midnight and had a few drinks in the residents bar until it shut at 2am. Had a great sleep and no disturbances at all which was great. Would def reccomend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice relaxed friendly hotel to stay in and I cant wait to go back again myself and I will make sure i eat there next time!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel as there may be some noise at front from passing traffic.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Hello, Thank you for adding your review I am pleased you enjoyed your stay on New Years Eve and enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we do have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future and we certainly do recommend you try dinner. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Best Western Esplanade Hotel
Bray.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bray
The Martello Hotel
Summerhill House Hotel
Summerhill House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Enniskerry
Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin

Been to Esplanade Hotel? Share your experiences!