$114
Wilton Hotel Bray(Bray)
$113
$99
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $110/night.

Old Rectory(Bray)(Great Value!)
$84
Woodville(Bray)
$84
$126
$231
Glenview Hotel(Glen Of The Downs)
$125
$119
TripAdvisor
1,167 results
All reviewsshort breakenjoyable staygreat weekendboth nightsfood was lovelydart stationsea frontmerrillwicklow
Reviewed November 5, 2012

First of all the good. The leisure centre is really nice. Only issue here was the had run out of towels when we asked. They told us to take our towels from our rooms instead. Location was also very convenient. Beds were also very comfortable. Then the average. The room was quiet poorly insulated and chilly. The switch on the shower to adjust the heat did not work so I had to have luke warm showers. Also the bedside lamps had no bulbs in them but were plugged in. I actually electricuted myself off one of them when I touched it. Also the hotel itself has dated carpets which give off a musty smell. With a little work this could be a very nice hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Christopher O, Manager at The Royal Hotel and Merrill Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

I was very disappointed the read about your experiences during your stay here at the royal hotel. I have spoken to the accomodation manager in relation to the issues you have mentioned. He asked me to pass on his sincerest apologies and he will be looking into these issues . We are currently in the process of bedroom redecoration and I have taken onboard the points you have mentioned.i have passed on you kind word's to the leisure club staff

I would hope that you would return to stay with us to give us the opportunity to show that these lapses in service are not the to our normal standard.
Regards

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Just back from a trip to Bray, a trip that started out on a small negative with a small problem with the heat. Once reported the management and staff done all within their means to solve the problem. Relocated to another room that was very comfortable and spacious and overall for the price was a great bargain. As a result of our small inconvenience we were offered a complimentary meal in the restaurant and the food was fantastic. A really great little restaurant where the food was served super quick and there was a great choice on the menu. Anyone complaining about this i can assure is a very isolated incident. Definitely recommend the cream of veg soup, absolutely fantastic.The leisure centre side of things is also smashing and offers everything it advertises.
Entertainment in the bar was also fantastic,coupled with a very hard working and friendly staff willing to do anything in their power to satisfy the patrons every need. The overall atmosphere in the hotel was very warm and welcoming and a lot of credit must go to Richard who worked tirelessly both in the restaurant and all over in general to always present a welcoming atmosphere. A lot of very dedicated and hard working people in the Royal hotel ensured we left Bray with a wonderful experience.
The Royal is the ideal place for a quiet stay , its a hotel thats is in touch with the people and balances a fine mix of old and young, catering for all. It has certain modern features and some that are slightly old fashioned but a stay there for the money involved is definetly reasonable. The staff were very hard working honest people, doing above and beyond an honest days work . I must give great thanks to Richard for efficiently sorting out our small problem and for his general manner with all the patrons in the hotel. Next time i'm in Bray it will be the only place i will consider and i would definetly recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest Thank you for your kind review relating to The royal hotel bray . I have passed on your kind words on to theall the staff . I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again soon. Yours Sincerely Richard Nolan Operations Manager

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed there for one week in July. Breakfast was Irish but ok. After 7 days we were a bit tired of the breakfast. Rooms was nice and clean. The staff was helpful, and nice. We just had breakfast at the hotel, and did not try the lunch or dinner. A big disappointment for my two 17 years old boys, that they were not allowed to use the gym. They had to be 18 years old.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We have stayed at the hotel many times. Yes the hotel is very tired and in need of updating especially the ensuite bathrooms, although I believe they are to start updating early next year. The food in the restaurant is pretty good and the pub grub is great and good value, my one complaint would be the dishes, I think they must wash them in cold water as it can be hit or miss getting a clean plate! The hotel is well situated for the Dart station into Dublin and I will look forward to returning next year to some lovely refurbished and modernised rooms.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest Thank you for your kind review relating to The royal hotel bray . I have passed on your kind words on to theall the staff .We are currently in the process of bedroom redecoration and I have taken onboard the points you have mentioned.

I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again soon.
Yours Sincerely

Reviewed November 4, 2012

we arrived on Friday as part of a group who booked into the hotel for a competition in the local area and this is where our terrible stay began. the parking is at that back of the hotel and is at least 150-200 meters from reception, this is not so bad but when you have to push a buggy and there is no ramps and plenty of steps up and steps down it does not start well. Once we got through the check-in which wasn't particularly good or bad, in fact for the first time in over 50 hotels stays this year I was told i had to pay up front because i was using visa debit. Minor issue i taught, however i was then informed after booking a family room breakfast was only covered for 2 of us! i was disgusted we told them there was 5 in total during the booking process. Anyway rolling on we tried to call the lift and the swipe card mechanism was dodgy at best and required a certain knack... plus it was very small which means 2 trips for a family of 5. arriving at our floor it was even worse! more steps up and down and doors that swing in the wrong way when you are trying to get up and down with a buggy, worse still our room was at the VERY BACK of the hotel with no lift access back to the car park which means we had to walk up to the front and then back down over all those steps to get to the car park. you would think a "family" friendly hotel would have taught about this, the next level was the room, a non smoking room which stunk of smoke made me feel sick on entry, a very smelly bathroom then wafted through the air. No Towels! amazed at that and then no curtains which you could pull which meant you had street lights all night. Beds were uncomfortable (but that could just be that i don't like the style of bed it was which was soft) and pillows were not for me. Went to ring reception to complain but the phone wasn't working either!
Went down for food in the bar to try and make the most of it, we were seated quickly and that's where the good points end, waiter took the order and came back 4 times to check his writing as he couldn't read his order back, the beer was tasteless, and the food was average at best. Other members of the group had already tried complaining and it fell on deaf ears so we decided not to at this point. Headed to breakfast in the morning and everything tasted bland the only thing with any taste was the scramble eggs.
Overall service was generally terrible, hotel for what was being claimed as a family hotel really needs to re-think it.
Would never stay here again or even dream of recommending it.

only good point was the pool was fun for the kids!
and the car park attendants were helpful!

Room Tip: stay in another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

I was very disappointed the read about your experiences during your stay here at the royal hotel.We at the royal do pride ourselves on being a family friendly hotel .I have spoken to the accomodation team and management in relation to the issues you have mentioned. they have asked me to pass on their sincerest apologies and will be looking into these issues . We are currently in the process of bedroom redecoration and I have taken onboard the points you have mentioned.

Regards