1,187 results
All reviewsshort breakenjoyable staygreat weekendboth nightsfood was lovelydart stationsea frontmerrillguinnesswicklow
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Hi after reading all the bad reviews, i was so worried about staying here on the 28th to the 30th of oct. But gosh it was brill, and i would be very fussy. Staff excellent , food excellent, just everything brill. So PLEASE TRY YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED. Couple angie and robert. ........

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank angiel17
Christopher O, Public Relations Manager at The Royal Hotel and Merrill Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Dear Angie & Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review for our hotel. It is great to get such enthusiastic feedback from our guest's. I will be sure to pass on the kind praise to all our staff in the relevant departments.

We hope that you plan on returning to our hotel, upon which please do not hesitate to contact me directly, so that we can accommodate you in one of our upgraded rooms.

The Royal Hotel & Merrill Leisure Centre

Reviewed October 26, 2011

I have read some of the reviews for this hotel just before we were due to stay there, and i just cannot believe the people who gave a bad review had stayed at the same hotel. From the moment we arrived the staff were the most helpful I've ever encountered. We even had a laugh with the bar staff about no yorkie puds with the roast beef on the menu. When the meals we all had Yorkshire Puddings on our plates. Every day they remembered that I like skimmed milk instead of tea & coffee which was a lovely touch. The room was spacious and very clean with an adequate bathroom. One morning we didn't have hot water at 8am, so we rang down and by the time we had finished our breakfast it was all fixed and we were able to bathe and shower. The Hotel Manager and duty managers were extremely attentive and my group actually felt the hotel was worthy of more than just 3 stars. So thankyou to all the staff who made our stay so enjoyable. We had a great time.

Room Tip: Second floor, 251 and 257 were superb, yes there is noise from the street, but i come from a very rural area and i still got a very good nights sleep.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank KaeOtic

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for our hotel. First of all, may I offer our apologies for the late response to your feedback. We have been going through a changeover in staff and this is what has caused the delay.

We are absolutely delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay in our hotel. I will pass on this very positive feedback to our staff, who will be delighted to hear it.

If we can ever be of any service to you in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly and we would be happy to accommodate you in one of our up-graded rooms.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

Do NOT stay in this hotel. It looks great from the website but without a doubt was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. It's very old, shabby and run down.
- When we arrived to our room I thought I was back in 1970's - the room was very drab looking, very creaky old bed, tiny room and an awful bathroom. We asked for a room change which we got a choice of 2, each were bigger and marginally better.
Cons:
- decor is very old looking (had a Fawlty Towers feel to it)
- bed was very creak and uncomfortable.
- bathroom was ok but you need to let the shower run for about 5 mins before hot water is available
- small room, too small for two people with 2 cases e.t.c
- tv was tiny with only a few channels
- our room was on the street side so we could hear a pedestrian crossing beeping sound frequently from 7am onwards.
- breakfast wasn't nice.
Pro's:
- Stay were friendly and helpful
- Bar food was nice.
- 10mins walk from DART station (40mins journey time to city centre)
I wouldn't ever stay in here again. We couldn't wait to get out in fact!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ro D
Christopher O, Public Relations Manager at The Royal Hotel and Merrill Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2011

Dear Guest,

We have recently undertaken the the task of refurbishing our rooms. This is a process that will take time, but we are positive that our future guests will benefit from.

We are glad however that you enjoyed our bar food and that our staff were friendly and helpful.

As with all our reviews we would like to use this opportunity to improve our service and also try to bring the situation to a satisfactory conclusion for you. If you would like to contact the hotel we would be happy to look into the matter in further detail. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights, water cold for bath and wash, the bathroom was dirty, chambermaid broke a glass in bathroom and never replaced it, there was still glass on floor and basin, the rooms are not nice at all and i am not fussy by any means.
I have never done a review before but had to on this place, the car park is costly aswell and although they say they have a trouser press they dont.

Worst Hotel i have ever stayed in and i have been in lots around the world.
Dont go.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Michael G

Dear Guest,

We are very sorry to read your review today. We are truly disappointed that your experience staying with us was not satisfactory on this occasion. As with all reviews we would like to use this opportunity to improve our service and also try and bring the situation to a satisfactory conclusion for you. If you would like to contact the hotel we would be happy to investigate the matter further and in greater detail.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed September 21, 2011

The hotel was in a great location and the room was a good sized family room and clean and tidy. The Car parking was the big let down. We had to pay for parking the car and they cannot guarantee us a car parking space. So thought of driving round bray looking for a car park space with two kids would stop me returning.

Room Tip: we where beside traffic lights that bleeped through the night very annoying
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Dianejake3

Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us for your family break. We pride our hotel on being a family friendly establishment.

With regard to the carpark, it is owned by a third party as is not in fact owned by the hotel. There are 56 spaces available for cars and 3 coach parking spaces. Places in the carpark are allocated on a first come first serve basis. Unfortunately, once these spaces are all full, the parking situation is beyond our control.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly before your next stay with us and I will try my best to accommodate you and your family in one of our spacious family rooms at the rear of the hotel, so the bleeping from the traffic lights is not an issue in the future.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

The Royal Hotel & Merrill Leisure Centre