$109
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Woodville(Bray)
1,167 results
All reviewsshort breakenjoyable staygreat weekendboth nightsfood was lovelydart stationsea frontmerrillwicklow
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights, water cold for bath and wash, the bathroom was dirty, chambermaid broke a glass in bathroom and never replaced it, there was still glass on floor and basin, the rooms are not nice at all and i am not fussy by any means.
I have never done a review before but had to on this place, the car park is costly aswell and although they say they have a trouser press they dont.

Worst Hotel i have ever stayed in and i have been in lots around the world.
Dont go.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Michael G
Christopher O, Public Relations Manager at The Royal Hotel and Merrill Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for our hotel. First of all, may I offer our apologies for the late response to your feedback. We have been going through a changeover in staff and this is what has caused the delay.

We are very sorry to read your review today. We are truly disappointed that your experience staying with us was not satisfactory on this occasion. As with all reviews we would like to use this opportunity to improve our service and also try and bring the situation to a satisfactory conclusion for you. If you would like to contact the hotel we would be happy to investigate the matter further and in greater detail.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed September 21, 2011

The hotel was in a great location and the room was a good sized family room and clean and tidy. The Car parking was the big let down. We had to pay for parking the car and they cannot guarantee us a car parking space. So thought of driving round bray looking for a car park space with two kids would stop me returning.

Room Tip: we where beside traffic lights that bleeped through the night very annoying
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Dianejake3

Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us for your family break. We pride our hotel on being a family friendly establishment.

With regard to the carpark, it is owned by a third party as is not in fact owned by the hotel. There are 56 spaces available for cars and 3 coach parking spaces. Places in the carpark are allocated on a first come first serve basis. Unfortunately, once these spaces are all full, the parking situation is beyond our control.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly before your next stay with us and I will try my best to accommodate you and your family in one of our spacious family rooms at the rear of the hotel, so the bleeping from the traffic lights is not an issue in the future.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

The Royal Hotel & Merrill Leisure Centre

Reviewed September 21, 2011

We stayed at the Royal Hotel in Bray for the recent Il Divo concert, I was suprised as a guest that I had to pay 10 euro to park at the hotel, The hotel is very central for the town, but about a mile walk to the beachfront, the public areas of the hotel are very nice with lots of comfortable seating areas, especially the bar, the dining room is very comfortable and the breakfast was excellent, though the chef needs someone to show him how to make toast properly, the bedrooms are very spacious but sadly in need of refurbishment, the carpets are threadbare, and lamps dont work and the tv reception is awful, saying that all in all we had a very pleasant stay at the royal, and would recommend the hotel for a short break.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We are very pleased that you enjoyed the comfort which our hotel has to offer and I will be sure to pass on the positive feedback to the kitchen staff regarding the quality of breakfast.

We are currently under-going a redecorating period for our bedrooms. This is a process which we have undertaken and we hope that will be complete over a period of time. If guests are not happy with their rooms we make every effort to allocate a different room subject to availability.

If you return to our hotel in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will try my very best to accommodate you in one of our upgraded rooms, so you can enjoy an even more comfortable stay. Looking forward to hearing from you in the future.

The Royal Hotel & Merrill Leisure Centre

Reviewed September 16, 2011

When we arrived at hotel it was lashing with rain and the carpark is at 1 end of the hotel beside leisure centre, its quite a trek to get to the reception desk with 3 kids and your luggage. We were then given a room that was in the opposite direction at the end of another very long corridor, which entailed up stairs and a few creaky doors. Whoever does room allocations should look when a family is travelling with young children escpecially when they have requested a cot - thankfully my child could walk and we were not having to get a pram through the long corridor.
The rooms are very dated and in need of modernizing which is indeed the theme thoughout the hotel. You need keycards to even get into the toilets beside the bar! There is a childrens playroom however most of the games were broken and it was cold. The kids loved the pool which was the only good aspect of our stay.
The breakfast was the poorest I've seen for a long time. Dirty cups, luke warm fry and not much in the way of selection as reguards breads, cereals, fruit etc. It was so bad we didnt even have breakfast the second morning, instead got up early and quickly departed. Overall very disappointing, missing the warm welcome at reception and certainly in need of renovation.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

We are very sorry to hear of your disappointment in our hotel. We are truly sorry that your experience was not satisfactory on this occasion.

I will be sure to notify our rooms allocation team of your feedback at the distance you had to travel to get to your room. We pride our hotel on being ideal for family breaks and in general we try our very best to make the trip from reception to room as easy as possible.

Our Leisure Centre has been recently redecorated and we are happy that your enjoyed using the facilities it has to offer. We have also started redecorating the decor of the rooms, however this is an on-going process as we have 130 en-suite bedrooms. I will pass on your feedback about breakfast to our kitchen and waiting staff to ensure that future guests do not have the same dis-satisfaction as your family.

As with all reviews we would like to use this as an opportunity to improve our service and we thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

I am just back from a lovely relaxing break at the royal hotel. We booked 3 family rooms as there were 6 adults and 5 kids. We were allocated rooms 140,141,& 142. These were what you could describe has being in a wing of there own. The kids had a ball as they could run up and down with out interfering with other guests. Although the hotel could do with a lick of paint the rooms were huge and very clean. Housekeeping called each day to check towels etc. The leisure centre was great fun and the changing rooms spotless.
They staff were very friendly and couldnt do enough for you.
At breakfast we were all seated together and although it was very busy we didnt have to wait for our seats or tea, coffee etc.
I would highly recommend this hotel for a family break and it doesn't hurt to email before you go to get the rooms you want.
Although we were with kids the whole experience was chilled and relaxed.
My mother and sister had planned to book somewhere else for two nights but enjoyed the hotel so much that they decided to stay put.
Great hotel, great staff, great experience.

Room Tip: Rooms 140 141 and 142 are ideal for families. Room 142 being the brightest and 141 the largest
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

First of all, may I offer our apologies for the late response to your kind feedback. We have been going through a changeover in staff and this is what has caused the delay.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us in The Royal Hotel & Merrill Leisure Club. We try our best to make sure that family breaks are always relaxing and entertaining and we are happy that all of the children had such a good time.

I will pass on your positive feedback to the staff, especially regarding the cleanliness of your rooms and the the Merrill Leisure Club. We constantly try are very best to maintain these high standards of quality and service.

With regard to the painting of the rooms, we are slowly trying to update the decor in the rooms and work has already begun in this light. But, being such a large hotel and having 130 en-suite rooms, this will be a process that will be achieved over time.

If you are planning on staying here again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly prior to your arrival and I will try my best to put you in the same rooms to make sure you enjoy your second stay just as much.