“A hidden gem”
Review of Swiss Cottage

Swiss Cottage
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Cahir
Reviewed January 3, 2013

For years I'd geared of the cottage and only last year finally found my way there one Sunday with my mum. The gardens are just so beautiful and well maintained and a great place to relax in the sunshine or have a picnic. The cottage is remarkably well maintained and an education to explore. I would definitely recommend a visit. There is a lovely river walk back to Cahir which leads to the castle.

1  Thank helenam8

Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is a must if you're visiting cahir I cannot believe that I have visited this town for many years and this little gem has escaped me up until now, i would recommend you walk along the footpath adjacent to the river from the castle it only takes about 30 mins but it is well worth it.

1  Thank Matt W
Reviewed November 26, 2012

It is a lovely special place to visit, fantastic work has gone into the refurbishment. We made the mistake of bringing our dog as we thought there were gardens we could stay out in, after returning after we brought her back to car and we were given a seperate tour as they were aware we had her with us! It was a lovely gesture and the tour was very good, informative and interesting with tips for other places to visit nearby

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We did not stay for the tour of the cottage but looked around the grounds and peeked in the windows. It was really interesting concept and quite cute overall. We were there in October and they were closing for the season.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

"Toy" house a la Marie Antoinette. Purchased in 1980 by CAnadian, who left and failed to return or plan for the upkeep of the building. Major leaks, vandalism almost ruined it. Site of Druid temple in the past....1,000 year old tree!