“Great Off the beaten track retreat!”

Kilcoran Lodge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cahir
Reviewed August 9, 2013

When there on a Tuesday evening with my Partner - we arrived late but we're introduced to a lovely large room (looked like a family room - 109 I think) with beautiful views of the mountains.

After a quick rest we took a wall around - the leisure centre looked great but we were too tired to partake in any activity.

The restaurant was rustic and again lovely views - I had the steak with salad n chips while my partner has fish which we got with the voucher system - when the plates arrive they were huge - my partner called the plates magic as they seemed to be bottomless :0)

It was straight to bed of one of the best sleeps I've had in longtime - up from breakfast so filling I had to go for an doze before checkout :0)

Everyone was extremely friendly n we will be back - shame we only had a night Free to stay.

If there was anything minor to complain about it was the fan in this bathroom was a little loud but nothing to worry about :0)

1  Thank joebroDublin_Ireland

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Bought a deal on pigsback.com for two nights and a meal. Ordered steak first night and took just over an hour to come out. Restaurant wasnt even busy. We asked after 30 mins, 40 mins and then spoke to a manager after an hour before it arrived. The manager sent one of the chefs home (before dinner started). Restaurant got a bit busier but not crazy busy and everybody complained. Manager later apologised and offered a free drink. Room was small, too warm and bathroom tiles reminded me of tiles you would find in your school when you were young. 14" box tv which is too big for a small room. As I was leaving I saw the manager/owner (I assume) give out to a clearner on the stairs.....that topped off my stay. Staff were friendly and tried their best but the manager needs to go on a customer service course. Only good thing was the free wifi that let me join Trip Advisor. Wouldnt go back even if it was free

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank scobyobrien
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here recently for one night. The location is lovely and views are beautiful. Checked in and made our way to room. Room was full of dust and cobwebs. Windows were filthy and bathroom not any better. We did have a meal and it was good but slow service. I personally think this hotel is a bit shabby, torn wallpaper in places. Not worth the €99 euro bb that we paid.
Would not return.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Filthy dirty. Grubby towels and dirty crockery. Holes in net curtains and a sewerage like smell in the bedroom. Did not eat there cause food looked awful and it was so dirty I was afraid. It's such a pity because it's a beautiful building in a fab location. Stunning views and close to loads of tourist attractions. Really disappointed as it was a romantic few days away and I could not wait to go home. Will never stay there again!

4  Thank Janet C
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We took part in a family 'gathering' with over 30 of us descending on this hotel last weekend. Some stayed and some just for dinner. We had a family room (room 6) which was ideal for the 4 of us. The hotel organised babysitting, thanks! And we enjoyed a nice meal and a few drinks, followed in the morning by a relaxed breakfast and a dip in the pool.

The furnishings are a little worn, the service more causal then polished, but this all leads to a comfortable, un-stuffy, relaxed stay. If shiny, new, modern hotels with little soul are your thing, don't come here. to relax in quiet surroundings and receive good value for your money - book in.

Room Tip: Room 6 has a bit of noise spill from the lobby below, but is really 2 connecting rooms with one bath...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank C V
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed on a short break at this hotel in early July and we had a great time. The food was excellent and the staff very friendly. The pool was an added bonus. We returned very relaxed and will look out for another offer for this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the mountains. The rooms at the back of the hotel are very small with no...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

When I say old fashioned I mean not every room is exactly the same, the lobby is not like a waiting room. It is a lovely place to stay, big leather couches in the reception, dining room lovely and bright with beautiful views. The food was really good and the staff were very friendly and helpful. When we entered the bedroom I wondered why the bed was where it was as another position would have given more room, but lay on the bed and could see why, the views were breathtaking, we purposely left the curtain open at night just to wake up to the beautifule view. The leisure centre was lovely and again the staff were great. Would recommend a stay especially if looking to relax and eat well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cahir
Cahir House Hotel
Great National Ballykisteen Golf Hotel
Hotel Minella
Hotel Minella
#1 of 6 in Clonmel

Been to Kilcoran Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!