“Lovely Setting,Outstanding Hostess.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 6 Cahir B&B and Inns
london
“Lovely Setting,Outstanding Hostess.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

This place is a gem. Perched above Cahir, the views of the countryside and mountains are spectacular.We were welcomed by Margeret with tea and biscuits, which was great after a long drive. Our room which was very comfortable had its own outside area, where we could sit and enjoy the views. Breakfast was very well presented and wholesome. But our stay was made extra special by Margeret herself,who is a lovely and friendly person. She goes above and beyond the call of duty to make sure her guests are looked after.We have not received this level of service anywhere we have visited. If you want a proper bed and breakfast experience then look no further.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vanviletLondon
greenhouseireland, Owner at Hollymount House B&B, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Good Morning, just saw this now, and may I thank you so much for saying such nice things, and may I thank you for taking time to give me this wonderful review. You made my day. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at my home. I love to hear people are enjoying their holiday, especially when I have played a small part. Thank you so much again, and come back soon.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

After just arriving home to the States after a two week long trip to Ireland, I just felt I had to write about our fantastic stay at Hollymount House in Cahir. Our host Margaret was so caring and tended to every need we had. She went over and beyond her duties while looking after us. The grounds were just beautiful, with magnificent views of the mountains and of Cahir town. The garden was a delight and it was so relaxing to just take in the amazing scenery. The house was spotless, warm and comfortable. Our bedroom was perfect-just what we needed after a long days sightseeing. I was especially delighted in the fact that the heating came on early as I'm an early riser. I was awake at 6am! I read the comment below and find it hard to believe that the reviewer found it cold... Was this the same B & B?! The breakfast was beautiful. We had a variety of choices, and found that the cooked breakfast was perfectly cooked to our liking.

Would I stay here again- OH YES!! I'm just sorry that we can't visit again sooner!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
greenhouseireland, Owner at Hollymount House B&B, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Good Morning to you, may I say a big "Thank you" for taking the time to write this review. I am delighted you enjoyed your holiday in Ireland, and to my home. Yes, I do my level best to make sure all my guests feel at home, and whatever I can do to make your holiday a great one, is done. I remember your family, and the little chats we had after breakfast.. I too enjoyed your visit, and hope you will return soon again. The daffodils are coming out now...remember you wondered what they were. I have sent on photos to you, so you should receive them any day now.
Thank you again for staying at Hollymount.
Mos Eisley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I needed a place at short notice to stay the night whilst visiting Cahir for a family event. Margaret was very helpful on the phone and very welcoming when I arrived. She even gave me a lift into town so I wouldn't be late. Clean comfortable room and bed, hot shower and great breakfast in the morning. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
greenhouseireland, Owner at Hollymount House B&B, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Margaret here, May I say a "Thank you" for taking the time to review my home, It was my pleasure to have met you. I am really glad you enjoyed your short stay and that everything was to your satisfaction. No problem to drop you to town, you were so welcome,
Do come back soon.
Ewhurst
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I have had many enjoyable Bed and Breakfast holidays over the years and I am happy to state that this July we enjoyed 5 days of clean and comfortable accommodation in beautiful surroundings at Hollymount House. Full and satisfying breakfasts. Our hard working hostess could not have been more helpful and generous. We felt well looked after and have no hesitation to returning ourselves or indeed recommending it to other visitors.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Norman P
greenhouseireland, Owner at Hollymount House B&B, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
I was delighted to read your review, as this makes my job, which I love, absolutely worthwhile. Just to let you know, the garden lights are now working for Christmas, tried them yesterday, so thank you kindly for that!...Maybe I will see you all again next year, who knows.
Kind regards to you and your lovely family,
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have stayed at this Bed and Breakfast accommodation.

It was truly wonderful. Location to die for. Hostess was so helpful and went out of her way to hep and advise... Breakfast was full of choice. Bed room was pleasant, clean and comfortable. It was so relaxing and quiet to stay there and I really felt the better of my stay here..
Hope she will continue with her business and spoil her guests.

Room Tip: Peace, peace and quiet. and if you want more Cahir is close by..
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Good morning, I would like to thank you for your kind comments. It makes my day to know you were happy with your stay at Hollymount House, and I hope to see you again, when you are in need of a tranquil break.
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

We decided to overnight in Cahir on our way from Kinsale to Dublin. (See separate report on the Craft Granary). Using TA, we were disappointed to see there were no 5 star (or is that 5 circle??) B&Bs shown for Cahir. We decided to stay at Hollymount House which is rated number 2 of 5 B&Bs in Cahir but only has 8 ratings. Curious--why not more??
We called the morning of our stay and a room was available. We were pleasantly surprised when we got to the B&B. The views out the front are really great and the B&B isn't far from town. Our room was the end room, with a separate exit to the outside and great views out the window. Super!!
Hmm--no tea or snacks offered upon arrival. We checked out the "lounge" area. Is it for guests or the family?? No one around but open food containers on the table, open crisp and cracker bags as well. Furniture covered with old tatty looking throws. The room almost devoid of decoration. Not at all inviting!!! Not a place we wanted to hang out. Our room was ok, but small as most of it was taken up by the bed and the sink in the room--not in a separate room.
It was convenient to have the door opening to the outside as we were nearing the end of our trip and wanted to try and consolidate things for the trip home and we could easily get to all our cases, carry-ons, various bags etc. from the car.
Breakfast was bothersome. Honestly the food was forgettable. Neither me nor my wife can remember what we had. But we both remember the overly loud TV in the kitchen blaring out some morning soap opera as our hostess went back and forth to tend to breakfast and apparently watch her TV.
Would we recommend this B&B? Sorry to say no. It has such a wonderful location and potential if the lounge was fixed up and if more attention was paid to the guests.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kilted2
kingston ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I always stay at B&Bs when we travel in Ireland,which,as my husband is an Irish citizen is often.I can honestly say Margaret is one of the nicest ladies we've ever come across.Her rooms are spotless and the breakfast kept us going till noon!.She knows the area well and was very helpful in giving us suggestions about what the place has to offer.I found her very welcoming and funny,a big plus for me.very highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cahir
Cahir House Hotel
#2 of 19 in Cashel
Carrigeen Castle
Carrigeen Castle
#2 of 6 in Cahir

Been to Hollymount House B&B? Share your experiences!