“what a great hostess!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Cahir B&B and Inns
kingston ontario
“what a great hostess!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I always stay at B&Bs when we travel in Ireland,which,as my husband is an Irish citizen is often.I can honestly say Margaret is one of the nicest ladies we've ever come across.Her rooms are spotless and the breakfast kept us going till noon!.She knows the area well and was very helpful in giving us suggestions about what the place has to offer.I found her very welcoming and funny,a big plus for me.very highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Asheville
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Margaret received us unannounced; we just happened to find Hollymount and arrived late in the day and exhausted. She was very gracious in making us feel welcome. She saw how tired my wife was and said, "May you be blessed with a good night's sleep," which came to pass. We needed an early breakfast, and Margaret accomodated us with a fine breakfast and even, upon my request, heated milk for my coffee. Her coffee was excellent. The room was comfortable, the view lovely, and all was well worth the trip off the main way.

1 Thank CelticTravelers
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2012

One of the most fabulous views from a bedroom window we found anywhere in Ireland. Add to this a really warm welcome with a tray of tea and biscuits on the patio and helpful information on local eating places and attractions, not to mention good breakfasts and comfy beds what more could one want? A return visit is most likely.

1 Thank Roger E
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed in 6 B&B's on our trek through Ireland, and the Hollymount House was easily our best experience. We were several hours late due to some curious directions provided by our GPS, but Margaret couldn't have been more understanding. She was one of two hostesses that we had who seemed truly passionate about running a B&B and providing top level service.

The room was very comfortable and modern and the location was really convenient to Cahir Castle and the Swiss Cottage, but Margaret's hospitality is what set Hollymount House apart.

2 Thank Matthew A
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Margaret could not have done more to make us welcome. From the moment she brought us a pot of tea on arrival while we unpacked, to the time we left - her concern was for our comfort and enjoyment. Don't get me wrong - she was never "in your face" or fussing. Just the opposite - we had our own key and room key - as we wanted to get out and about to explore and no silly rules about times etc. My friend feels the cold - while I was in shorts and hot - but Margaret suppies extra bedding for the cold mortals. No extra heating in the bathroom - which my friend would have liked, but I didn't need it personally - and shower water (not a "power shower") was lovely and hot. Amazing views over the Golden vale and up the Vee and surrounding hills from this mountain road and I loved the 20 minute walk down into Cahir to the Castle. It's a good 25 minute pull back up the hilly road, after a visit to the fab Lazy Bean cafe. When my friend had a nice long sleep one morning while I was out walking Margaret greeted her with a breakfast of her choice. You can sit outside - or there's an indoor lounge, as well as the breakfast room.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank 17Suki17
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Stayed at Hollymount House in July 2011 and had a very enjoyable stay. The house has panoramic views of mountains and is well situated at the edge of town, quiet at night, ample parking, great breakfast and a very welcoming host. I will definitely return, highlight of my trip to the south east!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2011

This was one wonderful place to stay.. we found it easily - the directions are right on. The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast delicious. We purchased wine cheese/crackers in town and had a wonderful feast in the living room with the fireplace. Our host couldn't have been more accomodating. We enjoyed Zorro and Zara - friendly little guard dogs too :)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank foursquares
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cahir
Cahir House Hotel
#2 of 6 in Cahir
Aulber House
Aulber House
#2 of 19 in Cashel

Been to Hollymount House B&B? Share your experiences!