“My favourite restaurant in Ireland”
Review of Chez Hans

Chez Hans
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Cashel
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in A 19th century church beside the legendary Rock of Cashel, Chez Hans Has been serving the very best of local and seasonal produce in one of the most atmospheric dinning rooms in Ireland since 1968.
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Chez Hans a unique and wonderful dining experience. My husband and I go on special occasions and the food is fantastic.
The early bird menu is great value, the wine list is varied. the tasting plate of deserts is the perfect way to end the meal. Well worth going to especially if you are on holiday here. Always book!

Reviewed January 4, 2010

While visting the Rock of Cashel we stumbled on this great Cafe for lunch. It was small, elegant, had great service and the best food in all of Ireland. We had a great lunch and fortified outselves to visit the Rock in very cold, rainy weather. What a great experience to remember from Ireland. Thanks so much.

1  Thank CeCeJacksonville_FL
Reviewed October 23, 2009

The bar as you walk into this renovated Church was atmospheric and the highlight of the night for us. The staff were also attentive and friendly. It was unfortunate that the quality of food did not come close to there prices. My girlfriends steak was only average while My lamb was tougher than leather.

Reviewed September 11, 2009

This restaurant is in the sacristy of an old church. It has been extremely well decorated with fine pieces of art. The service is exemplary, the food is perfectly prepared and attractively presented.

Reviewed August 26, 2009

I'm a local from 10 miles away but work overseas. Everytime I come home -my wife (Canadian) and I always go back to Chez Hans as I have been doing for 25years. Whenever we have international vistors-we bring them here and no one is disappointed. Yes its pricey enough, but the setting (a renovated church building) -in the shadow of the Rock of Cashel and the food and the service is just great. I'm going home again next week and I'll be going there as well. Once you know about it -you just can't stay away. And if you can't make the evening restaurant they have a cafe open during the day for lunch. If I sound like a bit of a salesman-its becasue I am so impressed with the place and delighted to have such a great restaurant nearby. I have eaten in many "upmarket" restaurants around the world-but few give me the same sense of occasion and satisfaction.