“Our Best Food of the Trip!”
Review of Chez Hans

Chez Hans
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Cashel
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in A 19th century church beside the legendary Rock of Cashel, Chez Hans Has been serving the very best of local and seasonal produce in one of the most atmospheric dinning rooms in Ireland since 1968.
Jacksonville, FL
“Our Best Food of the Trip!”
Reviewed January 4, 2010

While visting the Rock of Cashel we stumbled on this great Cafe for lunch. It was small, elegant, had great service and the best food in all of Ireland. We had a great lunch and fortified outselves to visit the Rock in very cold, rainy weather. What a great experience to remember from Ireland. Thanks so much.

1 Thank CeCeJacksonville_FL

London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Venue, But Over priced!”
Reviewed October 23, 2009

The bar as you walk into this renovated Church was atmospheric and the highlight of the night for us. The staff were also attentive and friendly. It was unfortunate that the quality of food did not come close to there prices. My girlfriends steak was only average while My lamb was tougher than leather.

Herndon, VA
“One of the very best restaurants we've evr experienced.”
Reviewed September 11, 2009

This restaurant is in the sacristy of an old church. It has been extremely well decorated with fine pieces of art. The service is exemplary, the food is perfectly prepared and attractively presented.

Clonmel Ireland
“A must visit restaurant”
Reviewed August 26, 2009

I'm a local from 10 miles away but work overseas. Everytime I come home -my wife (Canadian) and I always go back to Chez Hans as I have been doing for 25years. Whenever we have international vistors-we bring them here and no one is disappointed. Yes its pricey enough, but the setting (a renovated church building) -in the shadow of the Rock of Cashel and the food and the service is just great. I'm going home again next week and I'll be going there as well. Once you know about it -you just can't stay away. And if you can't make the evening restaurant they have a cafe open during the day for lunch. If I sound like a bit of a salesman-its becasue I am so impressed with the place and delighted to have such a great restaurant nearby. I have eaten in many "upmarket" restaurants around the world-but few give me the same sense of occasion and satisfaction.

Travelers Rest, SC
“Absolutely lovely”
Reviewed August 18, 2009

We loved Chez Hans so much we ate there twice in our 5 day stay in Cashel. The atmosphere is beautiful, as it is in a renovated church. If you get there before 7pm, you get the early bird pricing menu and you might save some euro. The first night we ate there, we didn't know that, but the food was so good, we didn't care! We found that in most restaurants in Ireland, they tend to overcook their beef, so if you like your fillet medium rare, you might want to order rare! Other than that, just make sure you leave room for dessert!

1 Thank juliekturner