“Simply the best”
Review of Chez Hans

Chez Hans
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Cashel
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in A 19th century church beside the legendary Rock of Cashel, Chez Hans Has been serving the very best of local and seasonal produce in one of the most atmospheric dinning rooms in Ireland since 1968.
“Simply the best”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This has to be one of the best restaurants! i've eaten around the world but nothing beats going home to Tipperary and going to Chez Hans for a proper treat.

Always the best service and atmosphere with a lounge where you can browse the menu and have a drink before the main event. I've been for the early bird and main sittings over the years and the food for both is excellent. The fillet steak is so tender, the fish always fresh and my favourite, the truffles that come with the coffee!

Not always the widest selection of courses to choose from but you could pick any and not be disappointed. Looking forward to going again soon!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank John696

Truro
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I've already written a review for the Cafe Hans and mentioned the restaurant with its slightly different name. It's in a church. Unbelievably wonderful food, superb staff and the atmosphere in the church is just incredible (I'm running out of superlatives I know!). It would be perfect for a really special occasion but they welcomed me as a lone diner and it was just the best night. You'd be mad to go to Cashel and not go there.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank barbara499
Paris, France
“Excellent food, even better service”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

If you are in the area, I highly recommend going to Chez Hans.
If you are not too far from the area, you could even think of going a little bit off your way to have dinner there.
The restaurant is located in an old church so the main room is a perfect setting for a night you will remember. not your average boring restaurant room.
I found the menu creative while using lots of local fresh product. Chez hans makes sure your dish looks good when it arrives. The presentation has been worked on and it adds to the experience. The wine list is amazing so there is a bottle for everyone's taste/budget.
Now a little story about our dinner. At the time we were traveling with my family and my sister had a one month old to mind. Just before the main courses arrived, one of the waitress offered to mind the baby and to seat at the next table so my sister could still have an eye on what was happening. The waitress said she was a mother of three and you could see she knew what she was doing. I've traveled with a baby myself but I have never seen anything even close to this. It made everyone's experience more relaxed.
Thank you again Chez Hans, I can't wait to be back!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank matdiver2
Dublin, Ireland
“Nice Food but Overpriced”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Guaranteed nice food but even at that I found it very overpriced. It was about 50% more than what you would pay at similar restaurants in Dublin. We paid over €100 for 2 course for 2 people and 2 drinks.

Setting is very nice in an old church but I won't come back again.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank asmccart
Tipperary, Ireland
“Another High King!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Rock of Cashel was, according to popular folklore, the seat of the High King of Ireland. All lost in the mists of time but they still have a monarch here - Chez Hans still rules the culinary landscape. I have visited this restaurant, situated here in this charming old church, many times over the years - it has never departed from that commitment to quality in its 45-year reign.

Chez Hans is not the sort of place one visits on a whim - simply because you will not get a table on a whim! Reservation well in advance is recommended if one wishes to sample quality delivered in a quiet, friendly manner. Last weekend, my wife and I brought two German friends to Chez Hans. They were just blown away by the ambience, the understated style of the place and the quietly efficient service delivered by mature staff who know their stuff.

Between us we had lamb, quail, beef and salmon - all beautifully presented and delicious. the sommelier guided us pleasantly to a warm, fruity Burgundy red wine. The combination of this graceful location, the homely bar where one can sip an aperitif while choosing from a rangy menu, the starchy linen and the friendly efficiency of the staff ensure that a visit here will be a most memorable experience. Chez Hans is as good as ever - so it's top class in my opinion.

• Visited July 2013