“A lovely B+B”

Ranked #4 of 16 Cashel B&B and Inns
Massachusetts
“A lovely B+B”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Cashel was not in my original travel plans until I read a "must see" review on Trip Advisor. As it turned out, the Rock of Cashel was one of my favorite places of my 10 day Ireland trip... which brings me to the Rockville House B+B. Our bedroom looked out on The Rock above us, which was lit up beautifully at nighttime. It is within walking distance of the Rock.. a perfect location, and also within walking distance of the pretty little town of Cashel.
Rockville House was super clean, the landscaping was meticulous, and our room was very comfortable. Our host, Patrick Hayes, was quite a character and added to our enjoyment there! He was more than helpful in carrying in our luggage and giving us directions and local tips. Our breakfast, which was cooked by his mother, Anna, was very good.
I highly recommend this B+B to anyone who is in the area.

Room Tip: Ask if you can have a room overlooking the Rock of Cashel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kathleen311

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband I stayed here during our vacation. I HIGHLY recommend anyone considering booking to go for it. The location is great. Patrick, the host, was filled with many jokes and made us feel right at home. He also gave us great suggestions on what to do and where to eat. Now, I will agree with some of the other reviewers that the decorations are a bit eclectic and yes, not all the towel are the same color... but keep in mind that it's a B&B not the four seasons or hotel chain where all the rooms are cookie cutters. If you are looking for an authentic b&b run by an quintessential Irish farmer, there is nowhere else to stay in Cashel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio
Reviewed October 24, 2013

A friend and I finished a driving trip of Ireland in Cashel. We stayed two nights at the Rockville House B&B. The B&B is so centrally located, you can walk to Cashel's busy downtown area. The Rock of Cashel is visible from the B&B's dining room window. Patrick was a great host. He sent us off to good dinner spots, and kept us entertained. His offbeat sense of humor brightened our rainy stay.

Room Tip: Our bathroom was on the small side. If you are claustrophic, this could be a problem.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Marshall, Michigan
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I would highly recommend Rockville for a place to stay! The owner, Patrick, went the extra mile to make our stay a pleasant one. I certainly encourage anyone traveling to Ireland to add Rockville to their itinerary.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed at Rockville for five days as I first began my trip in Ireland. I stayed out in the stables and the rooms were large, clean, and had newly renovated bathrooms. Patrick provided a great big breakfast every morning that usually kept us full well through lunch. The B&B is a short walk from the Rock of Cashel in one direction and downtown Cashel in another. It's a short walk to restaurants, pubs, shopping etc. Cashel is centrally located and there's multiple day trips to take- we did Limerick, Duncannon, hiked the Vee on Sugarloaf Mtn, etc. Cashel proved to be a great home base. Patrick and Anna were gracious hosts and made us feel so, so welcome. Patrick has a quirky sense of humor and he'll keep you entertained for hours. Overall, an amazing stay. It was my favorite stay we had during our two weeks in Ireland. I can't wait to go back, and I know Rockville will be where I stay. Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Salth20
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 28, 2013

this is thee best place to stay in Cashel!! I stayed there five nights and it felt like home. Patrick is awesome and very helpful. It's super close to the main street and if you don't know where something is Patrick will help in any way he can. Breakfast was excellent, very clean, spacious, and comfortable. I hope to go back soon!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Octavia H
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Rockville House B&B was my first stop on my very first visit to Ireland, and we could not have picked a better place to stay. Our large group was easily accommodated and well taken care of by Patrick. I stayed in the "Stables," which is incredibly charming and very clean. The bathrooms were beautiful and the beds were really comfortable. Patrick was such a great time, and if I ever return to Cashel with my family, it will be to Rockville!!

Room Tip: Stables were very quiet and roomy
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cashel
Baileys Hotel Cashel
Kilcoran Lodge Hotel
Hotel Minella
Hotel Minella
#1 of 6 in Clonmel

Been to Rockville House B&B? Share your experiences!