“Great hosts - great location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cashel
Joy's Rockside House B&B
Ranked #5 of 16 Cashel B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We arrived in Cashel with no reservation, but knew we wanted to try this place based on location. Rem couldn't have been more helpful. The room was very clean, neat and comfortable. He gave us a wonderful walk and restaurant suggestion that we thoroughly enjoyed.Joan then checked on when we returned about our breakfast. She was so thoughtful with our kids telling them Irish stories and Irish traditions. Breakfast was perfect - exactly how we ordered it. Enjoy the pancakes! Really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I am quite frankly surprised at some of the negative comments. My friend and I found this place to be delightful and thoroughly enjoyed Joan and Rem. Payment up front is fine with me. Paying cash saves them money as well as the traveler. The rooms were spotless and well maintained, breakfast was great and the location couldn't be beat. We were very close to the Rock of Cashel and managed to get there before the big tour buses arrived.
Joan provided us with excellent recommendations for dinner, things we could enjoy while in Cashel and wonderful instructions for an alternative route to Dingle that proved to be enchanting. Keep it up Joan and Rem I would love to have you as my aunt and uncle.

Room Tip: Fahy's Pub was where I had dinner. A wonderful pot roast dinner that was affordable and great...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This B&B is right next to the Rock of Cashel and is within walking distance of downtown. Parking is provided but is limited. There is nothing fancy about this place but it is welcoming, clean, and comfortable. Breakfast was very good. Our guests, Rem and Joan, were personable and charming. They both gave us advice about what to do in town. Joan seemed to hover over us like a grandmother with advice (well-received) and anecdotes. She gave us directions to our next destination with an admonition to take the scenic route which we did and were glad. We were happy we stayed here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I decided at the last minute to travel to Cashel. We called the B&B and they were very accommodating. The Rock of Cashel is just next door and the town center is an easy walk. Rem greeted us and we were asked to pay as soon as we arrived. He also asked what we wanted for breakfast. Some reviewers had a problem with this but we did not. Did not meet Joan until breakfast the next morning. She was very gracious and the food was very good. I ate pancakes. Although she served maple syrup, Joan suggested I eat them with fresh lemon juice and sugar. It was delicious! I noticed other reviewers spoke of the labels and instructions on everything...we thought this was endearing not distracting. We definitely recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Agree with other reviewer who found this B&B akin to staying with a very stern Aunt. Although the room was spotless and the location excellent, our group would have preferred to stay elsewhere given her attitude. And unlike every other B&B which did not ask for payment until the following morning after breakfast, Joan wanted payment immediately. There are so many delightful options, I would recommend you seek alternatives if you can.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank H L
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Joan Joy has the best location in Cashel, immediately next to Cashel Rock-perfect! Never have seen such a neat and clean B&B. Breakfast was divine and Joan proved to have a wonderful sense of humor when I arrived at breakfast with curlers in my hair. Don't miss it!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My family and I stayed here for one night, and found it to be very nice and comfortable. Our rooms were very bright and airy, and our breakfast was delicious. Our hostess told us about the area's most interesting places to visit.We had a perfect view of the Rock of Cashel.

Room Tip: We had the room that faces the street on the first floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family