“A friendly, comfortable hotel”

Baileys Hotel Cashel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cashel
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

My brother and I, en route to Limerick, stayed just one night at Baileys. The welcome was truly warm. The accommodation was excellent in large, comfortable rooms and the food was outstanding. The restaurant deserved to be full - and it was. We were given lots of advice about where to have a drink, what sights to see, and where to go on leaving Cashel. I am already working on my wife to pay a return visit to the area - and to Baileys.

• Stayed: August 2013
There are newer reviews for Baileys Hotel Cashel

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We returned to Cashel for the fourth time. What a truly tremendous experience for our two children and their spouses and us. As the day ended wewereable to sit out front andenjoy a Guiness. Bailey's Hotel Cashel was a great place in a tremendous town.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I could not have received a better welcome anywhere in the world! I was made to feel at home at once and when you're travelling on your own that's very important. I had asked for a quiet room and that's exactly what I got : a lovely room at the back of the hotel overlooking the garden and away from the street. I enjoyed the amenities of the room like the flat screen TV and free Wifi and the bed- which was massive!! The breakfast was excellent especially the homemade brown bread which was delicious!
The hotel is right in the heart of the town and all the tourist attractions are within very easy walking distance. The town is charming and the people of Cashel extremely friendly. I particularly enjoyed the trip around town on the pony and trap with Mick O'Dwyer - a real character full of stories and the village museum which was fascinating and overseen by a man whose knowledge of Irish history is phenomenal!

Room Tip: As the hotel is on the main road it is a good idea to ask for a quiet room at the back.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed one night at this Hotel, very helpful lady at reception with a mine of information of what to do, parking just around the corner is very secure, great room and the food in the Cellar Bar is really great and not too expensive. A perfect hotel to explore the town and the famous Rock of Cashel Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 302 excellent
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I think I've written about Baileys twice or maybe three times before and each time the superlatives come thick and fast. This time, rather than visit for work, my partner and I were taking a very welcome break in Ireland and I persuaded him that Cashel is on the way to the Ring of Kerry!!! When we arrived, to my delight, the receptionist remembered me despite it being nearly 2 years since I last visited and then, "we like to look after our favoured guests", we were upgraded! How very generous and how lovely!!!

Our room was the penthouse - a huge room with enough facilities and space to house a couple of dozen people comfortably! ...and there was only us!

The room had a sitting room area, a beautiful rooflight that opens into a balcony with the most magical view over the Rock of Cashel, a magnificent castle and cathedral ruins that are a must when you visit Cashel. So much history in one place... (a bit like a definition of Ireland really,) We also had the biggest bathroom in the history of self indulgence and the jets in the jacuzzi bath that was easily big enough for both of us (and any passing friends we cared to invite in), were enough to render us into a human souffle, such was the quantity of bubbles!

The service at Baileys is second to none. Nothing is ever too much trouble, the coffee is plentiful, the food is lovely and room service will bring you your dinner, as if you were in the restaurant, so we had a lovely romantic evening in. We had planned to visit an Indian restaurant nearby for dinner that night because I have enjoyed really nice food there but, when set against a romantic dinner involving a Chinese Duck and Mango Salad and Poached Salmon on Dill Basmatic Rice, the south asian stood no chance at all!

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough and, upgraded or not, we will go back. Even though we were paying this time and not my employers, it was a bargain! 110 Euro including breakfast - money very very well spent!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely but if you can run to the suite, then do it. Sadly, though, I cant tell yo...
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The staff was lovely, the room was lovely, the food was, yes, that's right, lovely. I was travelling with my 81 year old father and the staff arranged for transportation right up to the reception area on the Rock of Cashel. He otherwise wouldn't have been able to see it. For you smokers out there, they have a lovely covered seating area for those of us who still smoke in this age of purity. It is a non-smoking facility for you purists. I would come here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Stayed here to break up a long journey down to Cork and what a lovely surprise it was. From the outside I didn't think much but inside it is an 'oldy worldy' type hotel full of character and charm. The bedroom was one of the nicest rooms we have stayed in and it was huge! Ate that evening in the Cellar Bar which I too would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cashel
Anner Hotel
#1 of 2 in Cahir
Kilcoran Lodge Hotel
Great National Ballykisteen Golf Hotel
Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa

Been to Baileys Hotel Cashel? Share your experiences!