Cashel Town Bed and Breakfast
Hayes Hotel(Thurles)
$108
$96
$93
Great National Ballykisteen Golf Hotel(Tipperary)(Great Value!)
$129
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
Anner Hotel(Thurles)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdefinately stay herefree parkingcozy placefree voucherthe main streetbeautiful rockcentral locationstreet parkingirish breakfastenjoyed our stayshort walkexcellent staypubs and restaurantsroom was largehore abbeypjtown
Reviewed July 8, 2011

We stayed for one night and the room was average, the bed was okay and the breakfast was the traditional Irish breakfast that filled us up quite well. We checked in late (around 7pm) so we found a spot on the road and didn't get a ticket over night. We left around 9am so I think those hours are fine for parking. Other reviews seem to paint a darker picture about parking, but maybe they stayed longer than 1 night.
The owners were very friendly, but busy when we came in so they didn't get a chance to talk to them much, which was fine. We went out for dinner and then crashed. If you want scenic views don't stay here, but if you want a central location and easy walking around the town and good value, it's a good place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2011

I was booked to stay in the Cashel Hostel for one night that is also owned by PJ , however considering it was the second last night of my tour of Ireland, I was exhausted and decided to spoil myself. I asked to change my reservation to the b&b and extended my stay for an additional night. The next morning no breakfast was made for me, I qeuried this with the so called manager who told me a whole lot of stories such as because I was originally booked in the hostel I could not have breakfast, when I told her but I am paying full price at the B&B rates and showed her the brochure that is on display in the foyer, that clearly states full Irish breakfast included, she continued argueing with me and said the brochures were out dated. She argued so much with me that eventually I walked out and caught a bus to Cahir as now Cashel was spoilt for me....The next morning however, which was my last day in Ireland she served me breakfast with such an attitude as if she really was doing me a favour and then threw 5 Euros in front of me saying this was for the breakfast I did not get.... it has put such a sour taste on what was really a superb holiday and I left Ireland with this ladies awful attitude and her lies lingering as an aftertase........There are other b&b's in Cashel that offer better parking, no stories about out dated brochures clearly being on display in the foyer and you get exactly what you pay for...........BED AND BREAKFAST!!!!

Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
5  Thank dupedbyaleprechaun
Reviewed October 27, 2010

My husband and I just got back from an anniversary trip to Ireland. On our trip, we stayed in Cashel at the Cashel B&B for one night. The parking in front of the B&B must be paid for every two hours and there is a limit to how long you can stay in one spot. The parking situation would probably true for many of the B&B's in Cashel - although we did see some with private off street parking. I really dislike giving less than glowing reviews but this was probably the worst experience in a B&B on our trip. Our room was on the third floor, and even though they said there was free wi-fi, it didn't reach the top floor. The ensuite room was nice and had a large window. The lady showing us around was very nice and gave us pointers. The worst part came when it was time to go to bed. The walls are so incredibly thin, you could hear conversations of the people in the rooms next to you. The couple across the hall had three kids under 5 with them that screamed all night. There were two more couples on the same floor that partied all night long and hung out quite a bit in the hallway. (Even though our room was ensuite - not all on the floor were and the bathroom was right next to our room, so we could hear them getting sick in the bathroom all night.) (Sorry - I know this is gross.) So, we didn't sleep all night. Breakfast in the morning was nice, and I did finally get to meet the owner. In her defense, I did not bring up the issues with her. She was very busy and really there was nothing she could have done about it at that point. It would have been nice if they gave us their phone number to call them if we needed anything and showed us a phone in the house where we could have called from (there wasn't one in the room). Overall, I was quite disappointed and would not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2010

This place was all right, but we might try a different B&B if we go back to Cashel.

They lost our reservation. They also lost the reservation of a large group who came in behind us. And so, we were put in an awkward situation of trying to keep the room we had reserved, while the large group was stuffed into one fewer rooms than they had expected.

I very nice lady had been hired to run the B&B, but the owners seem to be missing. The lady, not being the owner, did not have the ability to fix a number of the problems, like the missing reservations and some plumbing issues. We lost water one morning, while I was completely soaped down in the shower. And often, we had no hot water. The internet was hit and miss. You get the impression that the owners were completely absent.

The noise level from the hallway from people coming it late at night was high - again the management should have put their foot down and asked these people to be quiet.

Otherwise, the rooms were very clean. The breakfast made by the hired lady was very good. The bed was comfortable. The B&B is a short walk to the Castle.

The B&B does not have free parking, but probably most B&B's in Cashel with this proximity to the Castle do not.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The Cashel Town Bed & Breakfast was wonderful. The rooms were amazing and very peaceful. The staff was was friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. This was the only stop in 18 days where we received help with our luggage. We especially enjoyed the two minute walk to the pubs!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family