“Lunch of the Year”

Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Cashel
Cuisines: French, Irish
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Neighbourhood restaurant sourcing the best ingredients cooked to the highest standard with friendly but professional service
Reviewed November 17, 2013

It was a spur of the moment decision for myself and my husband to have Sunday lunch here today and Boy are we glad we did. We arrived at opening time so as not to inconvenience staff when we didn't have a booking. It was difficult to choose from a very carefully-crafted menu which offered succulent, attractive food. The taste of the carrot and coriander soup couldn't be improved upon. It was accompanied by home-made brown bread which my husband relished. I wasn't too hungry and therefore would have liked the choice of a roll as well. It would be lighter with such wholesomely soup. This was followed by a generous roast stuffed chicken and ham meal with mash and fondant potato. I ate it with gusto. My husband cleaned his plate clean of pork 3ways which had amazing flavours. A dish of fresh veg. accompanied our meals. Our desserts consisted of chocolaty flourless cake and apple crumble. They were mouth-watering. "Fussy Me" would prefer a tiny dollop of cream here instead of ice cream. This is not a complaint. I'm doing my best to find one but I can't!! The owners opened this restaurant five months ago and really they are to be complemented on their hard work to produce and source the best in food. A customer feels valued here.
Finally top marks have to go to a most pleasant, eager to -please waitress and front of the house manageress. She has it all. I wish the owners the very best of luck with this delightful enterprise and if they maintain the standards we experienced today they should do very well.

1  Thank spencerLimerick

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Their list of red wines are excellent & the three way pork is outstanding, but above all else their seafood is so fresh & varied whenever you visit. A pleasant surprise for such an inland area.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Wonderful food! Just back from holiday in kellys in rosslare and food here so much better! Thanks for a great meal!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Had a perfect Sunday lunch today at this nice homely restaurant. When we arrived we were seated straight away as busy as they were they had our booked table ready for us. There was 6 of us altogether, I had the crab starter with mango and pesto salad, large portion but magnificent,then the half duck with Savoy cabbage and to follow the coconut rice pudding, to die for. Great tasty 5 star food for a healthy price of €18 for 2 courses or €22 for 3 courses, best value around and will definitely be back for more. Plus side all courses can be done coeliac friendly if possible. Will be back

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

After reading a lot of positive reviews on this website , we said we'ed give it a try . My dad and i nearly drove past the place coming from cashel direction, wasn't that well advertised. There was plenty parking adjoining the restaurant . Looked a bit small from the outside but when we got inside there was room to seat around 40 -50 people . The girls attending were quick and professional . It was midday so the lunch menu was chicken, steak, pork salmon and lamb . The prices were quite reasonable for main course 13-15 euro . The starters from 5-9 euro . But you get great value when you combine any two courses for only 18 euro and three for 22 euro. I got
Crab starter and steak and my dad got mushroom soup and steak as well . Well the steak rare I got was cooked to perfection ; there was juice just running from it and just melted in the mouth .As steaks go ,this is about as good as it gets!! But then it gets better , the vegetables were the crowning glory. The potatoes were mashed and seasoned to perfection and tasted divine . Carrots and parsnips were also mashed and were beautiful . The onions were placed on a large mushroom and also tasted divine. The gravy tasted like something you'd get in a Michelin restaurant ; pepper, wine and steak juices. Superb . The crab starter tasted fresh and was light . The whole meal was beautifully presented . The restaurant was warm and seating was comfortable . The owners should be very proud of there business , and should advertise it more. The final word goes to my dad . As critics of food goes ,he is pretty fussy . "It was the best dinner he ever had" he said . He'll be eighty next year. Now that's saying something !!

1  Thank Oconn96049