“Excellent food and service”

Cellar Bar @ Baileys
Ranked #7 of 37 Restaurants in Cashel
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Highly recommend for a cozy and delicious dinner. We were seated immediately and they were very accommodating for our daughter (aged 3) as well.

Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

Our host recommended this restaurant and the Trip Advisors okayed it to and we always follow the collective advice of the Advisors

This time we were disappointed. The "Celler" as the restaurant is called is very pub-like. It's cozy and comfortable but almost to the point of being cramped. Personal conversation is not an option. The wait staff were a bit slow, but very pleasant and we were not rushed.

My fish chowder could have been excellent, but it was seriously over-salted. The fish and chips were almost there, but there was an aftertaste that I isolated to the batter. Maybe it's a local thing. Still, I ate it all. The day's pasta dish was appealing and tasted good. Quantities were ample and we left satisfied.

However, the big negative that caused me the most concerned was when I clumsily dropped the salt shaker and it rolled under the bench I was sitting on. The wait person cheerily retrieved it and placed it back on the table. A big no no for most establishments.

We would go back.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

A very busy Saturday Evening at Baileys. We had not booked a table. But we were seated very quickly. A lot to choose from on the menu. There was also a specials menu on. The prawns were divine. I then had a paprika pork severed with rice, It was so tasty. The service was excelled very professional. Looking forward to returning again. My guest who had travelled from Dublin to join me says it has to be the best Restaurants she ever been to. Nothing short of a an Michelin Star,

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Friendly staff, good food and a pleasant environment all makes for an enjoyable meal. I had chicken parmesan flatbread and my husband had cod coujons. Both items were very good but could not finish as serving was large. Well worth the visit.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Convenient right in hotel. High end restaurant...good food and service. Reservations are encouraged.

1  Thank Jon C