“Quiet, delightful, close to the Rock of Cashel”
Review of Teac Watties B & B

Teac Watties B & B
Ranked #8 of 16 Cashel B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Trip - August 2012. Solo 30-yr old woman traveler. Booked room in advance.

Maria was very welcoming and helpful. I spent my first night in Ireland in this B&B after traveling nonstop from San Francisco. Maria immediately directed me to a very close pub that was open late to get some much needed food. She gave me the honeymoon suite because I was the only traveler she had at that time. It had a lovely large bathtub. Everything was clean and in well order. I am a terribly light sleeper - this was not a problem at Wattie's. It was very quiet. The next morning, Maria gave me a large breakfast and easily accommodated my request for a gluten-free meal. She let me store my suitcase in her shed while I headed to the Rock of Cashel. It was very easy less than 10 minute walk to the Rock. I highly recommend this B&B to other travelers in Cashel. Also, if you are a horse lover, ask Maria if she has connections at the National Stud. You may be able to get a more extensive tour =) I unfortunately had other plans or otherwise I would have taken her up on her offer! The only downside was that the B&B was a little hard to find. There is a sign on the main road. Watch for it. Then you have to do a zigzag down what looks like a one-way street but the B&B is only a block or two off the main road. My cab driver called her and she stood outside to direct us.

Room Tip: If you want a bathtub ask for the honeymoon suite though there won't be much of a view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Janelle C

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Maria is a very good hostess, everything is done to a very high rate, with lovely breakfasts. Nothing is a problem, advising places to go for dinner, and also sights to see.
Had a lovely vist with her for a week, would highly recommed this establishment.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2012

having traveling around the world over the past number of years it was great to feelat home in this very nice house in cashel.

I had per booked since christmas and on a few times had to e-mail the owner to change dates as I was traveling a lot and my plans where changing . At no extra cost she changed my booking for me and was very obligatory.

On arrival I was very tierd as I had just traveled from abroad went to sleep in a very comfortable bed, to my surprise when I work up they had kindly lundered my clothes at no extra cost to me.

Found the wifi (free) very helpful as I needed to carry out some business.

The breakfast was more then anyone to eat in one seating! The only problem for me was I eat to much!!

Would recommend if you where traveling in this area of Ireland this would be a great place to stay as you just feel at home.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Gerry L
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I came to cashel for a weekend stayed in watties for 2 nights sat and Sunday, I found the lady of the house Maria... Very helpful as we had not booked, our room and bathroom were very clean, and on both morning we were spoiled with breakfast, with free wifi and car parking this home is a little gem...

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Had previously stayed here so it was great to be back for two nights. On arrival Maria remembered us from our previous visit was very welcoming and gave us full advantage of the extras available, we had free parking and internet. Great area as right at the foot of the Rock great views and accessibility. Whole B&B and room was spotlessly clean, very comfortable had great nights sleep. Lots of options available for breakfast which was delicious. Maria has great knowledge in where to visit and was again extremely helpful. Would highly recommend a stay at Watties B&B.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Stayed here for one night which was enough! Couldnt wait to leave ... The room was clean however the mattress and pillows on the bed are very hard - not a comfortable nights sleep! The shower in the bathroom kept falling off the wall which was yet another negative aspect of the stay... the full irish breakfast contained what you would expect however it was extremely greasy and the breakfast cereal was soft! Sour milk in the tea and coffee facilities in the bedroom and sour juice for breakfast! Upon leaving it was not a good sight to see the host out at the front of the house smoking! I would not reccommend this place to anyone nor would I go back there if I found myself in Cashel again

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else to stay!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Siobhan H
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We spent our first night in Ireland at Wattie's B & B, and we were not disappointed. Although we had a difficult time finding the place - Maria's kindness and hospitality given to two weary travelers was much appreciated and definately made up for the confusion we had finding her establishment. Maria made us a great breakfast and happily pointed out points of interest on our map. As parking isn't that easy to find - we were overjoyed when she told us to keep our car in her parking lot while we toured the town and walked to the Rock of Cashel - a must see.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple