TripAdvisor
Clonmel
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews four poster bed highly recommend this hotel clonmel town lovely hotel tv channels recent wedding old fashioned went above and beyond wedding food hidden treasure business trip family reunion old world staff could not have been more food was lovely toasted sandwich beautiful room
Selected filters
Reviewed August 8, 2019 via mobile

Build in an ancient house this hotel is full of charme. The garden is gorgeous and the room was super. Also breakfast was amazing with a lot of menu choice. Parking is included in the structure and it is very close to the city center and also to a new running path along the river!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2019

What a beautiful day I had here at a recent wedding, staff are super though I must mention Claire and Tracey for going above and beyond with everything I asked for, truly special staff Claire really made the day extremely pleasurable

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2019 via mobile

Arriving on a sunday evening I was taken with the setting of this old world house and gardens . Bedroom was large and well appointed. Nice lounge and small attractive bar. I was impressed alsi tbat I could have had dinner in dining room, alot is small country house don't offer this, especially on Sunday evening. I decided instead to have a toasted sandwich and glass of wine in lounge. Both delivered promptly. I have to say I have had better toasted sandwichas in out of the way pubs 20 years ago. Horrible thin white sliced pan, an easy uncle of cheese surrounded what was prob.decent home cooked ham
Chops were hard from iver or 're cooking ,I left most and was never asked why. Wine was chilled properly and good. I retired to my lovely room at the top of stairs. When.i turned in at about 1ish I noticed loud banging and scraping noises from downstairs. First I was a little frightened and couldn't imagine what it was, strange/new house. It continued and in.fact got louder as it seemed to.get nearer to stairs up to my room. At about 3am, not being able to sleep I got up out if bed, got dresses and went down to investigate. At the bottom if stairs with a large bucket and mops was a man cleaning! Never in all my days in a small establishment lile yhis have I come across night porter washing floors and making noises that would disturb guests sleeping nearby. I eventually got to sleep about 3.30 am and was up at 7.30. Breakfasbrwas served in nice room and apart from decent coffee and eggs I again left strange tasting smoked salmon and brown soda bread and 'fresh'fruit which looked lovely but tastes acidic as if in the container for some days. On checking out the lady mentioned that the porter had told her about my coming down stairs in middle of night. She said no-one had ever mentioned it before! Unless he never did it before I cannot believe it. She reduced the bill, although charged €9 For horrible sandwich and chips. NOTHING can compensate for being kept awake most of the night, I left early for my work appointment locally. Despite the lovely bedroom and accommodation, I will not be back. Couldn't take the chance!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2019

The experience :
To say I’m disappointed is an understatement! It sounded great reading the website but that’s about it! They put us in the Lounge where there was people walking in and out to the bar I found it very hard to hear or speak to the company I was with.

The price:
To start off €36 for a few cucumber and cheese sandwiches when I was promised salmon and cream cheese, few pastries 3 scones, and a small selection of bite-size deserts, disgraceful for the price! An absolute rip off!

The service was great while there was food still on the tower but once the food was scarce the staff walked past and said nothing! I would not recommend afternoon tea at this establishment.

Although the scenery was beautiful and the Lounge a vintage decor and we could really appreciate that but overall the experience was very poor and I would never go there again!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2019

I stayed at the Raheen for 3 nights and were there for my sisters wedding. the hotel is set in gorgeous grounds with beautiful gardens and courtyards and terraces so lots of places to sit out. The room was very comfortable and gave us everything we needed. Staff at the hotel were amazing so friendly and welcoming and couldn't do enough for you. The hotel is situated really well for access to coaches and our trip from the airport was very smooth. This hotel is full of charm, it is beautifully presented and I would certainly recommended it.

Room tip: Views are great from all rooms
Date of stay: August 2018