From Marian and Joe, Dublin. Arrived at 8.30pm, travelling from Dublin, over 3 hours on the road. Put bags in room, (320) noticed that double bed was a very small bed, wardrobe a single size, barely room for perhaps 3 hangars, as it was also fitted inside with a small chest of drawers on top of which was the tray for making tea!! Yes --IN the small wardrobe!! Our immediate impression was that it must be a single room. In hindsight should have asked for a different room there and then, but as we were hungry we went to the Lounge in search of Bar Food. Spagetti Bolonaise / Homemade Burger and chips 18 euro???
Very very expensive!! Went to dining room instead and had a main course each, 25 euro for steak , 18 for salmon, very nice and service excellent.
Went back to room at midnight, rang reception to ask for a different room --surely this can't be a double room? 95 euro on a Thursday in Clonmel is not cheap. The night porter answered --there is NOT 24 hour reception at the hotel!! Nobody to take our complaint/request to find us a bigger room. I hasten to add that my husband and i are small people, and average build. Larger people would not have been able to fit into this bed. No joy with the night porter, a very polite man. I asked to speak to the manager and i was told that he would be on duty at 8am in the morning. We were astounded.
What if there was an emergency? The hotel was quite full, we discovered at breakfast next morning. A bit scarey really. We had a very uncomfortable night --afraid to move in case we would fall out over the side of the bed!!
This is a Brennan Hotel, we have stayed in their sister Hotel, The Bettystown Court many times -- always a large room with a big comfortable bed and excellent, in every respect. No comparison. We will NOT be returning.....get your act together !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand new hotel with a modern stylish feel. 99 bedrooms all with flat screen TV and duvets. Leisure centre with sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi, indoor pool, gymnasium. Popular restaurant locally and lively bar with entertainment. Full spa now open. Free car parking. Excellent conference and banqueting facilities for up to 350. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and getaroom.com so you can book your Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clonmel Park Conference And Leisure Hotel
- Clonmel Park Conference Leisure Hotel