Myself and a friend booked both of our families in for 30th and 31st of December for new year and we were disappointed with the hotel.It is a modern hotel,is clean and warm, but the rooms are not fit for families and should not be advertised as such.Putting in a pop up bed in these rooms leaves little room for manouver and must be considered a fire hazard as it is under the only opening window in the room.This means you have to crawl over two beds to get to the window in an emergency.We were asked if we wanted it somewhere else, but then we would have been totally spaceless.Storage space for clothes etc is minimal.The bathroom only has a shower over bath arrangement which is quite high to step over and if you're over 5ft 6inches you have to stoop down to get the benifit of the shower.The door of the bathroom faces into the room, but so easily could have been put beside the main door to the room, to give one a little privicy. The carpets in the upstairs corridors are badly soiled.My main gripe with this establishment is the meal served to us in the restaurant,which was booked in advance so they knew we and maybe a hundred or more people were coming to dine,on new years eve.We sat down and ordered our meal.After two enquiries about the delay, the starters arrived, after a 35 minute wait. All three soups were tepid and two were returned and replaced. The mains arrived after another delay and two of the chicken dishes were cold and one was returned. While this was ongoing the potatoes and veg arrived and again they were cold.As the chicken dish came back,we had to return the potatoes and veg and carry on with the other mains without the sides of potato and veg.This arrived back after 5 minutes, but most of the mains had been consumed.The kids were served last which is unusual as most child friendly hotels feed the kids first so the parents can enjoy their own meals.We kept getting apologies and an offer of wine(which we don't drink) but the celebration meal was ruined.My fellow guests and I were stressed and this ruined the evening.We did get to talk to Michael, introduced as the general manager, and he was totally apologetic and offered no excuses and offered a reduction on the bill. He was very nice and professional about the incident, but the damage was done.The swimming pool was dated, quite dark even in daytime and changing rooms need major renovation.Staff are young,efficent and very polite/ helpful (this includes the housekeeping personal).Could be a landmark hotel as it is in a nice spot with ample car parking and a shopping mall next door,but was let down by poor service on a night we should have been celebrating the new year.Also some housekeeping issues surrounding the pool, carpets and the room set up.Paul Boylan (room 117) firstname.lastname@example.org
ereose the service of in their restaurant (which was booked in advance).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand new hotel with a modern stylish feel. 99 bedrooms all with flat screen TV and duvets. Leisure centre with sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi, indoor pool, gymnasium. Popular restaurant locally and lively bar with entertainment. Full spa now open. Free car parking. Excellent conference and banqueting facilities for up to 350. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clonmel Park Conference And Leisure Hotel
- Clonmel Park Conference Leisure Hotel