“would not attend hotel again”

Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Clonmel
Ireland
“would not attend hotel again”
Reviewed May 8, 2011

The bar menu was very expensive 17 euro for a burger all it was was a few chips and a burger noting to write home about . Then when I went for breakfast there was no one to show me my table or take my room nb, had to wait ten mins for tea and toast and had to ask for it twice , when i asked for it the waitress said what to me and was not one bit polite, then I went to get my fry and there was no food there what a joke . seriously I paid for a service and expect more . I will never again stay there not impressed

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank Caro_Carlow1
james190754, General Manager at Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa, responded to this review, May 9, 2011
Dear Guest,

After reading your review i was most concerned and surprised with the experience in which you had here at the clonemel Park Hotel and would be delighted to discuss in more detail the issues mentioned as i would like to assure this is not a standard accpeted here at the Clonmel Park Hotel. If you could contact me anytime on the hotel number, I would appreciate the opportunity to assure you that your experience during your breakfast was not the standard set or expected here at the Clonmel Park Hotel.

I hope to hear from you soon,

Kind Regards

Michael Boyle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Polish first
dubelin of course
Reviewed May 4, 2011

We booked into Clonmel Park Hotel for the May Bank holiday weekend. As a family with 3 young children, we find many hotels can't accomodate us but Clonmel Park facilitated us and put extra beds into a room for us so we could all sleep together. The room was lovely and the view over the mountains was nice, it was spotlessly clean and the room was furnished to a high standard with attention to detail. Free broadband is a nice feature.

The children were delighted with the pool which was well equipped and warm. Changing rooms were spotless...and we went there every day pf our stay. The gym looked excellent but didn't manage to make it in there.

The staff in reception and the leisure centre were friendly and helpful and we spent our free time exploring the Clonmel area. Reception provided us with a map of the town. I recommend the Nire drive for some spectacular views and a trip to the Mahon Falls if you are feeling energetic.

The hotel itself, is clean and modern and close to town. We thoroughly enojoyed our stay and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank snif
ClonmelParkHotel, Manager at Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa, responded to this review, May 6, 2011
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear you and your family had an enjoyable stay and we always try our best to facilitate families where possible. We are glad to hear you got a chance to enjoy of leisure facilities and hope the kids got a chance to enjoy Lenny Lions Kids Club - always a hit! We hope you left a few of Tipperary's Treasures undiscovered in anticipation of a return visit! We hope to welcome you and your family back in the near future. Kind regards, Clonmel Park Hotel
Reviewed April 24, 2011

We had a good stay. Only paid €155 for 2 ppl for 2 nights b&b and 1 dinner which was very reasonable. Loved that they accommodated for the smokers. Had a smoking room with a great view. Leisure centre was lovely. The breakfast was awful tho. Cold and very low variety for a vegetarian fry! No beans, mushrooms, hash browns etc!

Went for the dinner in the hotel and it was ok. My bf had the steak and it was great but I had the chicken and it was soo tough! Horrible couldn't eat it. The starters were good but the fudge chocolate cake was horrible! Hard as a rock but the cheesecake was very good.

Service was ok and the location was hood beside all of the shops. Would go here again but not for food!

• Stayed April 2011
Dear Reviewer
Many thanks for your recent review of our hotel. We are glad you found our offer good value and enjoy the comforts of our bedrooms. Regarding breakfast we do offer the likes of mushrooms, beans and hash browns on request as outlined on the breakfast menus which are placed on the breakfast tables. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your steak and starters on the evening which you dined with us and I have brought your feedback on the chicken dish and the desserts to our head chef. Overall we hope you had an enjoyable stay with us and should you make a return visit to Clonmel in the future we would be delighted to welcome you back to our hotel. Kind regards, Clonmel Park Hotel
Frodsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Exactly what you need in a hotel - clean and pleasant room, very very good quality food, lovely staff. Free broadband, free daily newspaper. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would definitely stay here again. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
ClonmelParkHotel, Manager at Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa, responded to this review, April 22, 2011
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your kind comments on our hotel and we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your kind comments onto our staff and we look forward to the possibility of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future. Clonmel Park Hotel
Leixlip, Ireland
Reviewed March 8, 2011

From moment our group arrived to time we departed, this hotel is certainly one that goes step further to make you feel welcome.
Reception staff, to dining staff, to bar staff, to accommodation staff .... nothing was too much for them to sort out us.
Would highly recommend this hotel and fingers crossed for a return for us.

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
ClonmelParkHotel, Manager at Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa, responded to this review, March 16, 2011
Hi Eileen

Many thanks for your lovely comments and we pass them onto our staff. We are delighted you all had an enjoyable stay and look forward to welcoming you and your group back again in the near future.

Clonmel Park Hotel
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Have to say my experience in the Clonmel Park hotel was great. Booked it after it was recommended by a friend. Overall found the facilities and service really good.
Rooms were modern and comfortable. It was great to have a Leisure centre with a lovely pool, Jacuzzi and Sauna to chill out in.
We had dinner in the bar on one of the nights and found the food delicious and the portions were massive so we were well fed. Nice to see a hotel bar with locals in it rather than an empty one you find in some hotels. Throughout the weekend I have to say I found the staff very friendly and accommodating as well as willing to give advice on where to go & what to do. I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel and I will be staying there again as it was great value.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Dear reviewer

Thank you for your review. We are delighted you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us and got the opporunity to relax & unwind in our leisure facilities. I will pass on your compliments regarding the food and service to our chef and bar staff and we hope to welcome you back again this spring / summer!

Clonmel Park Hotel
Ireland
Reviewed February 24, 2011

Recently returned from a weekend at the awful Clonmel Park Hotel. We booked it on the basis of the seemingly excellent offer advertised in the Irish Independent. I now know why they have such offers - so that someone might actually stay there.

Check-In was very rude and abrupt, with the receptionist more concerned with taking a pre-authorization of my credit card, than explaining the facilities on offer. The Room was very hot and we had to open our window all night. I mean opening our window on a night in February because the room was too hot. That is a bit much for me!! Asked for an iron and board which took an hour to deliver leading to us being late for our dinner.

The food at dinner was terrible with our steaks both ordered medium-well coming out swimming in blood. Staff were not the most friendly either. We ate out in Mr. Bumbles in the centre of town on the second night which was excellent. We went to the bar after dinner which was full of dirty tables and very few staff on duty to clean them. The carpet in the bar was also filthy. If you like loud Rebel Music - then this is the bar for you. Unfortunately, if you don't then give this place a miss as the music was similar on the second night.

Breakfast was a joke each morning, but especially on the Sunday when we came in at 10AM to dirty tables and staff running round like headless chickens - no sign of a manager. Waited 10 mins to be seated. Had to ask for coffee and toast after 20 mins of waiting. Went to the buffet for scrambled eggs to find it empty - asked the waitress if there was some more coming, she replied with "chef says it's gone". She then came out 2 mins later with a plate full of fried eggs and left them down on the counter. She didn't even put them into the buffet dishes - surely this must be against food hygiene regulations!!

The leisure facilities on the other hand were quite good with an excellent gym and pool. Unfortunately they were the only good thing about the place!!

Upon checkout we were asked if we enjoyed our stay?? I told her we didn't and why we didn't. She took our details and said she would forward them to the General Manager, Michael Boyle. We have yet to hear from him. It's quite obvious that Mr. Boyle in his declining to make contact is happy let this squalid dump run the way it is. We will not be back and we will most certainly not be recommending!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank HotelGuestIreland
james190754, Manager at Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa, responded to this review, February 28, 2011
Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Clonmel Park Hotel. I would like to assure you that this is the first time i have been made aware of the issues encountered during your recent stay and take them very seriously and will investigate these issues thoroughly. I would be delighted if you could give me a call to discuss these issues in more detail. I can be contacted on 052 61 88700 at any time.

Kind Regards
Michael Boyle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonmel
Hotel Minella
#1 of 2 in Cahir
Baileys Hotel Cashel
Baileys Hotel Cashel
#1 of 2 in Cashel

Been to Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa? Share your experiences!