“nice Indian ”

Planet Spice
Ranked #27 of 65 Restaurants in Clonmel
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Planet Spice Restaurant Is One Of The Famous Indian Restaurant In Clonmel Area.planet Spice Serving Authintic Indian Cuisine In Clonmel Since 2007.
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

visited here with on Sunday evening service was good and staff friendly. all our party of 5 agreed the food was very good and prices competitive

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I am writing this review with shock, disgust and great disappointment with the bad and dismissive attitude of one particular waiter in this restaurant!!!! I have looked at the other reviews and have seen similar reviews to mine regarding issues with staff. Planet Spice, Clonmel would certainly want to review this particular member of their staff’s attitude towards customers. I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone especially those with children. The attitude of the staff and plain to be fair food would not entice anyone!!!As many of you will properly know it is not too often that you can eat out when you have a 7 month old baby. My husband and I had been looking forward to a family meal out. Having decided to go to the Planet Spice, Clonmel at 6pm after all I am understanding to other diners and would not want to be entertaining or causing an annoyance to other customers with a baby in the restaurant later in the evening.
Upon asking the waiter for a table we were ushered to a table. Having asked this waiter for a high chair I may as well have been asking him for a bank loan!
He grunted and muttered to himself before arriving back with a chair that would only suit a much older baby. He could clearly see we were in difficulty but this did not bother him. Not once did anyone approach us to ask us were we "ok" for everything!
After we finished our mediocre meal and were packing up our belongings he approached us and grunted at my husband “Are ye ready” but not in such a nice manner!!!
When I politely highlighted to management the attitude of this member of staff I was smirked at by the offending villain and he simple rolled his eyes at us.

3  Thank Jane O
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Food, atmosphere and service all great. House wine fab and excellent value at 15e, couldn't fault the place in any way.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

As i was home for the weekend from work i wonted to get something different for lunch with my mother i said Planet Spice as it was cold out and a curry would be nice.

1st i walked in around 1.40 and asked are you open for lunch got a dirty look from the waiter. He looked at a clock and said ok and brought us to our table.

We set down and no menus where handed to us. I asked is there a menu for lunch i was quickly told curry are 8 euros from main menu comes with rice or nam. I ordered on the spot my curry rice and naan bread.

We where only people in the place at this time. We had to wait about 30 mins for our food to show up and the waiter left our food for 5 mins on a table beside us before we got it.

The food was bad it tasted like it came out of a microwave the only nice thing was the naan bread.

The bill came to €20.90 i paid my bill and waited for my 10c back as i was shocked with everything. The food and the waiter being so rude

I will not be back

1  Thank Marco P
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

We went in as a family for Sunday buffet. We had two kids and an older baby with us. We were expecting to be charged for all three kids and were surprised to get the bill and only be charged for one. My husband notified them and they said they didn't eat much so it was a fair price! Talk about sealing our custom! The food was fabulous too, really happy and the service was friendly and efficient. Only downside was a loud neighbouring table who clearly didn't realise how obnoxious they were, but hardly the restaurants fault! Will be back soon!!!