“what a stunning hotel ,its like a country manor style hotel with a modern touch with excellent throughout”
Review of Hotel Minella

Hotel Minella
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Clonmel
caragh, Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Bus drivers experience.
This is my second time here and yet again it was excellent. Arrived with a group.checking in was quick and painless the receptionist was efficient happy lady warm and friendly personality . The luggage brought round to the rear to ease the passengers comfort. My room as always is big enough to play football in . The rooms are spotless and they have everything you could possibly need or want.we all had dinner an hour later. It was glorious . Thank you chefs . I got to say the waiting staff where great ,funny and a bit of craic to break the ice . (Sophie) im now writing this at 6 am before breakfast because im know breakfast will be as good as the last time. .so what else is in the hotel . Everything you could need.
and most of all its spotless throughout with beautiful fresh flowers everywhere.on the way to the rooms they have a complimentary table with tea coffee biscuits water fruits i have never seen that anywhere else . Well done.
What a great wedding venue or conference hub . Or for the getaway break.the views are breathtaking and the gardens are kept maintained to a high standard.
One of my favourites hotel
Richard

Room Tip: Ring a head ask for a room overlooking the gardens with a balcony but go early see the grounds . Eat...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

What a joy. Beautiful Hotel. Spotless in every way. You will not be dissapointed. Food is superb. Wine list brilliant. Staff are extremely attentive and friendly. A very warm welcome awaits you should you choose this lovely hotel to stay in or just for lunch or evening meal! Enjoy!!!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I enjoyed this hotel, I stayed in it last august, while visiting my older Brother who was living and working in Clonmel. it had a nice location, our room had a view if the Suir River. The staff were really friendly and helpful. oh there was a resident dog which was cute.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I have stayed at this Hotel three times now, we use it as a stopping off point travelling to the south west of Ireland from the ferry port at Rosslaire. The rooms are well appointed, modern and tastefully decorated, everything you need is there, the usual hospitality tray with the addition of hot drinks brought to your room on arrival is a fantastic welcome and much appreciated after a long crossing and drive. Staff are very welcoming and nothing is is too much trouble for them. We did not eat in the evening having arrived too late but breakfast t was excellent, served by staff who we pleasant and helpful, a small point but when the meal is taken from the servery it is placed under the grill to ensure it is hot. These little points make this hotel the exception, so much so that we have decided to holiday there in the near future and explore County Tipperary. Highly Recommended you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We use rooms at the back looking towards the hills, as it is only one night stays, the rooms on the...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Clive C
Ireland
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Just on the way home after having spent 2 wonderfully relaxing nights in hotel Minella!
Front of house staff are as others have said a credit to the hotel & Julie deserves a special mention. Nothing was too much trouble for her & she always had a smile has a lovely welcoming nature. Complimentary coffee was a very welcome & unexpected treat when we checked in.
Rooms were spotlessly clean. We had a balcony & were situated to the front of the hotel & I spent the 2 days wishing I was at the back of the hotel as the views over the gardens & river are beautiful.
Dinner on the sat night was absolutely perfect. Again staff were friendly & helpful. Food was beautiful. It's a limited menu but I suspect everything on it would be of the best quality. What we ate certainly was. THE DESSERT TROLLEY - oh my word this is a sight to behold. It came out when I was eating my main & I almost couldn't concentrate on my dinner I was so busy trying to figure out how on earth I would choose from the wonderful array of desserts on display.
We were blessed to have lovely weather & if I had one tiny criticism it would be that although there are loads of picnic tables situated out the back overlooking the river you don't feel enticed to sit outside. A few candles would have made the gardens so much more inviting & maybe some fairy lights on the pergola. The bar area is situated in the original house and can spread over 3 rooms. Very relaxing and great for sitting and enjoying after dinner drinks & conversation. This is a perfect place for groups & families wanting to relax & enjoy each other's company without having to shout across loud music.
Breakfast both mornings was perfect and cooked to perfection.
Everything was just smoothly done with no fuss or bother involved.
We went to the hotel planning on having a relaxing break and that is exactly what we did. Everything about the hotel lends itself to relaxation. We popped into clonmel briefly but spent most of the time at the hotel. If you are looking for somewhere that will go that extra mile to make you feel welcome & to go home feeling relaxed & refreshed this is definitely the place. It is a very quiet hotel but I'm sure if it's night life you are after then there is plenty of bars on offer in Clonmel & a taxi only costs about €6.
We didn't use the leisure facilities so I can't comment on them.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bibi09ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We booked our annual family weekend away to Hotel Minella not really knowing what to expect. What a lovely welcome from the Front of House staff. There were 17 of us, booking 4 interconnecting family rooms and 1 twin room. Check-in was painless and quick with an added bonus of a lovely member of staff helping us with bags to our room. All the interconnecting rooms where on ground level and all the families were accommodated on this floor. Interconnecting rooms had a King size bed and a single bed in each room over looking the lovely gardens at the back of the hotel, same with both rooms. The only quibble I would have is that room 31/32 has a humming noise which runs throughout the night that can become bothersome if you are a light sleeper! Rooms are large and nicely decorated. Bathrooms are a little tired but nothing a bit of cosmetic care would take care of. We ate bar food the first night and it was lovely. On the Saturday we had arranged a meal in the restaurant for my father in laws birthday and I had emailed the hotel on the different things that I wanted arranged and everything was in place. Overall the staff are the most lovely courteous people I have ever encountered in a Hotel and if I was the owner of the hotel I would try my best to keep hold of them all!!! Nothing was a problem, Leisure Center Spa was lovely too.....it helped that the weather was glorious for the weekend. I would have NO hesitation on recommending this hotel which I think we will come back to over the years.

Room Tip: Try and book a room overlooking the Gardens at the back
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank poppie1967
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The staff were exceptionally pleasant and helpful when we spent two nights at Hotel Minella. We were really impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of the receptionists and the waitresses. The room and the food in the hotel restaurant were expensive but the staff were excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ruth S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonmel
Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa
#4 of 6 in Clonmel
Hearn's Hotel
Hearn's Hotel
#6 of 6 in Clonmel

Been to Hotel Minella? Share your experiences!