“Just Superb/Faultless !”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Clonmel
Great Wakering, Essex
“Just Superb/Faultless !”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Having read read some the previous reviews about Staff at this Hotel We wonder if those revies were genuine ?

We travelled from Southend (UK) to Waterford with Aer Arran, hired a car and drove exactly 1 hour to Clonmel and the Minella Hotel. Arrived very early and Immediately shown to our Room by the receptionist. Great Room with Balcony (Room 206), exceptionally clean and Good furnishings. Balcony had a Table and two chairs with superb View over rear Gardens and River Suir (pronounced "sure" by the Irish). Food was excellent, quickly served and not unreasonably priced. Very friendly Polish guy on the Bar with as much chat as the Irish ! Receptionist could not have been more polite and Helpful. Breakfast was very good, served by Chef and two waitresses all very pleaseant.
We could go on about the place as we had a great stay and really cannot believe previous comments about the Staff and would question the validity of those Authors (Reviews more akin to opposition than genuine customers in our opinion).

We never met one member of stall who could be critised and that includes those in the excellent Leisure Centre (Loved the Pool).

Would have loved to have met the Local owner of the Minella, who is a prominent Owner in Irish Horseracing ? We were there for the Gowran Park and Clonmel Race days which were very good also. A great 5 days of which The Minella Hotel was a major plus.
Very happy to answer any questions regarding this place.

Room Tip: Try for Room 206, you will not be dissappointd.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank petiteetoile47

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My family stayed at this wonderful hotel for 5 days in August and already planning our next trip in 2013! From the moment I contacted the hotel and explained my family requirements including 4 children and 2 disabled parents I felt assurred we would all be looked after and we were! I had 2 large interconnecting rooms so my husband and I could keep an eye on our children and my parents were across the corridor in a huge accessible room. My parents were delighted with their spacious room, my stepfather could do circuits in his wheelchair! They both enjoyed the beautiful gounds and the fact they could remain independant in the hotel setting, they did not want to leave! The children enjoyed the leisure club, I had to prise them from the swimmimg pool not once but twice a day! I even had 'me' time in the gym so I could work out. The Minella is by far the best hotel we have all stayed in. All the staff are so friendly, the accommodation and food excellent, the grounds and settings idyllic and well equipped leisure club. The Minella is Magnificient and gets 5 stars from all the family, see you next year!!!

The facilties, accommodation, food and grounds

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Buncrana Co Donegal
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Minella on Sunday 19th August.The accomodation was excellent ,well above average, with a lovely balcony and large sitting room and bedroom..I have never written a review before ,bur the welcome care and attention were so good I just wanted to say Thanks .Everyone was extremely helpful and I was only sorry we weren't able to stay longer!
Definitely excellent value!!
M O Donnell

Room Tip: Room overlooking the river with a balcony
1 Thank kathm90
Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Recently my wife and I had a 3 night midweek break at Minella. I was as usual sceptical about reviews I had seen and had never heard about this Hotel before.However this Hotel is without doubt the best we have seen in terms of accommodation, food, staff friendliness, leisure facilities and basically most other aspects. We were looking for a quiet restful break and we got it in spades. Make no mistake we will be back in the future. I, myself, have responsibility as an accountant for 2 family-run hotels in N.Ireland so I would have some understanding of what it takes to provide such facilities.
Congratulations are in order to the staff and management for their wonderful service and facilities.
Arthur Caraher
Armagh, N.Ireland

Worcester, UK
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Just had another great week at Hotel Minella. We were back in our beloved apartment, The standard never drops, cleanliness is spot on. To be able to have the freedom of the apartment, use of leisure centre and wander through the grounds to the hotel, where great bar food and a great pint of Guinness awaits. Thank you

Room Tip: Apartments are the extra freedom whilst on holiday, best of both worlds.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KathrynChrisB
SAN DIEGO,CA
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have to say this is one of the best hotels in the Clonmel area. Having worked in the area years ago, we ventured back to Ireland and Clonmel just a few years back and stayed at the Hotel Minella for a week or so. It was a very quiet and serene location with a very good restaurant and within walking distance of the cute little town of Clonmel. When arriving you are greeted by Bob, the old English Sheep Dog, I hope he is still there, and he can be found all over the lobby as well as the seating areas, Bob is always available for petting. The room was very large, and overlooked the river and river walk. A great place to stay and explore the Clonmel areas during the day. A great central location to see many of the sightseeing tons within county Tipp.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SHERLOCKSanDiego_ca
Monaghan
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband and I were in Hotel Minella for a wedding. On checking in we were offered complimentary tea or coffee and there was complimentary bottled water and fruit basket in the hallway. We were actually taken to our bedroom by Maura , the receptionist and she offered to carry our bags to our room jus around the corner. Of all the hotels we have visited this is the first time we got personal attention like this. All other guests booking in got the same attention. The room was fresh, bright and airy and excellently clean. Our room was looking out at the mountains where other rooms had a view of the river suir. Breakfast was self service, but maybe a little hard to find a suitable table that was cleared after the last customer. However we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and we would go back in the morning.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonmel
Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa
#6 of 6 in Clonmel
Fennessy's Hotel
Fennessy's Hotel
#4 of 6 in Clonmel

Been to Hotel Minella? Share your experiences!