“Great Food”

Befani's Restaurant & Townhouse
Ranked #4 of 62 Restaurants in Clonmel
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
southern ireland
“Great Food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Meal for 4 people from Early Bird selection including 3 steaks and 2 bottles of wine came to 149.00. The starter of cous cous spring roll was divine. Thefood in general was very good - service excellent - we were given a table down stairs which looked onto the court yard - so very bright and tastefully decorated.

• Visited April 2013

• Polish first
“Easter Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We visit Befanis any time in Clonmel. A hidden jewel of cuisine tucked away in this South Tipperary town. A nice choice of starters, I myself had the Duo of salmon and avocado mouse. Simply divine. Pork neck fillet on black pepper and chive pancake was tastefully presented and did not disappoint. Desert selection was generous I went for Bread and Butter pudding with sauce Anglaise which was tasty and fruity and not to be missed if you like this desert. my companions meals were equally fab. The staff are friendly without been intrucive. The table for our group of four was more than ample and comfortable. I highly recommend this restaurant, it never disappoints.

Dublin, Ireland
“its ok, not much better in this town”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I've eaten here a few times, most recently with parents, brother and bridesmaids the day before my wedding. I always enjoy the food here and they have a nice wine list too, but the atmosphere is always a little cold, even when the restaurant is busy. The staff are nice and efficient, not particularly chatty or friendly, but I guess thats ok, some people prefer that. I like the menu selection and always try something different, the selection is good, ususally lots of meat and fish dishes and a few vegetarian options too. On my last visit I had the seafood kebab which was ok, unfortunately the prawns were a little over, but the monkfish was very tasty. The vegetable side orders are very tasty, not overcooked like in a lot of places and they dont charge extra for them which is very good. I'm sure I'll come here again, I think its the best casual restaurant in Clonmel.

• Visited November 2012
Clonmel, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best restauraunt in clonmel”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

My brother and his wife recently visited us from Dublin. Both spend a lot of time abroad and are enjoy eating out. We brought them to Befani's where we had a fantastic meal and an athmosphere where we were able to have an enjoyable meal while being able to talk in a relaxed athmosphere. A little bit more expensive than most restauraunts

“Fab food”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have to say first time eating at this lovely cosy restaurant and won't be the last even tho the nite we went was very busy we still got great service and food I have to say the portion size was very big for me and I was full after the starter but I still enjoyed everything it has to offer