“had a very nice meal here” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sextons Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 98 Restaurants in Dundalk
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, Steakhouse, British
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Tradtional Family owned Irish Bar & Restaurant located 10 minutes outside Dundalk. Serving fresh food from locally sourced suppliers. A full a la carte menu available 7 days a week with lunch specials available Mon to Fri 12-3pm. All are welcome.
Antrim, Northern Ireland
“had a very nice meal here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Meal was delicious here and the portions were massive. Staff we're very good. The only reason I gave it a 4 instead of 5 star was we had to wit quite a while for it. In saying that if it was feshly cooked on the spot I could forgive them for it. It was well worth waiting for.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Distoney
liamaidan, Owner at Sextons Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Hello Distoney,

Thank you for taking the time out to leave a review for us on Tripadvisor. I am sorry if you had to wait for your meal to arrive. I can ensure you that all our dishes are cooked to order but we endeavour to have everything served to our customers within a reasonable time. I'm delighted that you enjoyed the food and I hope that the next time you visit Dundalk you and your family will join us again.

Dundalk, Ireland
“Delicious Sunday lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Popped in today for Sunday lunch! Have never been in for sunday lunch before. Myself and my boyfriend both went for the roast beef . It was delicious , the gravy was yummy and the mash lovely and creamy. Will definitely be back in !!

Hello McFoodie87,

It's taken us a while to respond but thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a great review on tripadvisor. We really appreciate all comments from our customers and I am delighted that you enjoyed our Sunday lunch. Hopefully we will see you and your boyfriend come back to us again soon,

Longford, Ireland
“A lovely day out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

We decided to have our meal at Sextons and I can honestly say we did not regret our decision.My husband and I had a great experience and it was also our first time in this restaurant.The stuff are wonderful!They were very talkative and it made us feel very welcome!
The food was just divine!It was excellent!The portions were incredible and the appearance was just thrillingly beautiful!My husband and I love our food and I must say it is very hard to impress us,but this restaurant did it!It gave us a reason to share our experience with people we know!Brilliant staff and delightful food-definitely a place to have dinner!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
liamaidan, Owner at Sextons Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Hello Anna Z,

Thank you for taking the time to write such positive comments about your dining experience here with us. It is feedback like yours that reminds myself and the team why we love working in this industry. We try to create a menu that suits all tastes and our team are always happy to talk to anyone that comes through the door. I really appreciate that you are telling your friends and family about us as it is word of mouth that has the most postive impact. We hope to see you again when you come back to Dundalk.

Kind Regards

Macroom, Ireland
“A beautiful lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Myself and my wife stopped in Sexton's for lunch on our way to Belfast after it was recommended at a petrol station nearby. It was lashing rain and the stove in the bar was very welcome. I had a 'pork wellington' - a very filling and tasty alternative to the beef classic. The vegetables of carrots and green beans were obviously fresh and cooked properly. My wife had a herb crumbed cod with the same veg and she also loved it. The two meals with coffees was under 25 euro. The barman and waitress were very pleasant also. If I'm making this journey again I'll be sure to stop by.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jack M
Dear Jack M,

I really appreciate you taking the time out to write a review on Trip Advisor about your lunch experience with us. It's really great to hear such positive feedback and I will make sure to pass on your lovely comments to the team here. We pride ourselves on using locally produced fresh products which I think sets us apart from other restaurants. I do hope you come and visit us again on your next trip up to Belfast and try some other tasty lunch specials we have on offer.

Kind Regards

Dundalk, Ireland
“"poor food no atmosphere or customer service"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

we visited sexton's on a saturday in december about 7pm as always the place looks great put you can tell when the owner is not around.There was no christmas music,and the waitress well i don't think she wanted to be there or wanted us there.I had steak no taste,childs chicken was sent back.There was just no atmosphere don't think we will be back and it's a shame because the bar and restaurant area are lovely.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Stephen O,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your experience with us in December. I am disappointed to read your review and can only apologise for the poor experience that you and your family had while dining with us, this is not our normal standard of service and from what I understand from your review you have dined with us before so I hope that you consider this a once off and will come back to us again. I would be more than happy to discuss this with you further and would appreciate any feedback given. You can contact me directly at sextonsdundalk@gmail.com and I will get back to you immediately.

I look forward to speaking with you soon