All reviews rooftop restaurant top floor stayed here sea view lovely hotel mini bar irish sea buffet style attending a wedding business trip breakfast is served comfortable bed hotel bar bar food plenty of parking waiting staff following morning
Selected filters
Reviewed December 4, 2016

We stayed here for a wedding near by at Darver Castle. Hotel was very nice, our room was really bit with a very comfortable big bed. Breakfast was lovely. The bus to and from the wedding venue was very handy.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Siobhan T, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2016

Dear Guest

Our Darver Castle wedding guest package has been in place for a number of years, we are delighted that everything was as it should be for you during your stay.

Hoping you might return sometime on a little leisure break!

Your sincerely

Reviewed November 21, 2016 via mobile

Disappointing. Arrived after a wedding close by. We rang ahead to make sure check in would be ok as arriving very late (3:30am) and that all went well. Got to the room and the curtains were blowing in as the window had been left wide open, presumably since it was cleaned that morning. It was -2 outside so the room was absolutely freezing due to time of check in. The previous occupier had obviously been smoking in the non smoking room and it still smelled badly - hence why the window had probably been left open by housekeeping. Judgement clouded by alcohol we decided to get some sleep rather than try and change rooms at that time of night. My wife had to wear a jumper and slippers to do so. When we woke up the smell was more apparent and sickly for us non-smokers. On check out we informed reception who apologised but either didn't empathise with the problem or believe us - and therefore no follow up, it was a non smoking hotel and he'd not had a report from the previous day. Breakfast was good.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sam H

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and send us your feedback. It's extremely regrettable that the hotel didn't follow up with your directly. I can only apologise and attempt to now rectify this.

I would like to have the opportunity to discuss this further with you. If you could drop me a quick email with your contact number to smctigue@crowneplazdundalk.ie, I will be in touch,

Your sincerely

Reviewed November 19, 2016 via mobile

Overall pretty good and easy to access from the motorway, tallest building for miles so easy to find. Arrived here and plenty of free parking.

Nice welcome at reception and recognised as ICH member. Got an upgrade to a very nice corner room on a high floor as well.

Room very good as usual for Crowne Plazas. Upgrade got me some chocs (nice present for wife when I got home) and a very nice fruit bowl delivery just after arrival.

Bar okay, but needs a better atmosphere, and meals not bad, but service a tad chaotic, as not clear if you should order at bar or wait for a waitress. Had a couple of pints and a burger (which was very nice) but requested ketchup never arrived. Otherwise perfectly okay. Shame the top floor restaurant only open some days (Thurs to Sat I think) as I was there on a Wednesday as menu looked good.

If in area again will stay here as good nights sleep in a nice bed which is main issue when travelling on business.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank HuwC832

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to send us your thoughts on your recent stay at the hotel. We are delighted to received the feedback as it help us continually strive to improve what we do. Just regarding The Rooftop Restaurant, it's currently only open from Thurs - Sat evenings from 6pm and daily for breakfast. We are hoping to open the restaurant for longer hours coming into 2017,

Perhaps we will see you return again soon,

Reviewed November 15, 2016

The hotel is modern. The staff are very friendly and very helpful. Thery went of of their way to make my stay wonderful. The breakfast in the morning is just fabulous. The only negative point, I have is, having to pay for the T.V. it should be in the price for the room. I think I paid €7.95 for it

Room tip: all the rooms are good
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank ANNETTE g

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the feedback.

I'm uncertain as to how and why you paid for T.V unless it was a premiere movie but otherwise the channels are free to air and available to watch at no charge.

We do hope that you will return to stay at the hotel again soon,

Reviewed November 12, 2016

I like this hotel. I stay there quite often as I travel to Dundalk for work. I sleep well; the rooms are large and the beds are comfortable. The breakfast is good. I dined many times at the ground floor bar. Decent food. The staff is friendly and professional. The location is off centre so you will need a car or a taxi.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Akrep81

Dear Guest

Thank you for your 5 star review. It's wonderful to get such positive feedback from our guests. It's endorses the hotel for future guests and also give our hardworking team a very positive vibe to continue to do what they do best!

We look forward to seeing you return again in the near future,