Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk
$86
$86
Heritage B&B(Dundalk)
TripAdvisor
All reviewstop floorrooftop restaurantbusiness hotelcomfortable bedlovely hotelirish seabuffet styleattending a weddingbusiness tripbreakfast is servedhotel bartown centreplenty of parkingbar foodstayed for one nightlovely viewmain course
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed in the Crowne Plaza hotel- there was only one room left so none of the packages were available. I feel that this was a penny pinching tactic as they were charging 159 B&B for the night. The room itself which was apparently an upgrade was in no way comparable to other four star hotels for that rate- the room was pleasant but small and basic- no bottles of water, etc. The shower was very weak in power. However, the bed was very good quality and really comfortable. The breakfast was nice, although the food in the restaurant was hit and miss- there are other restaurants out towards Carlingford in particular that are of a much better standard with friendlier staff.
Overall, great hotel if you are paying less than €100 per night but overpriced with mediocre service and room on this occasion- will try the Ballymacscanlon hotel on my next visit to Dundalk.

Room Tip: Rooms are very small but there's a great view from higher floors- ask for a room overlooking Blackrock bay.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jg1986_12
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Only had one night to enjoy this beautiful hotel but would love to come back another time. Very friendly and helpful staff. We were on our way to Donegal to begin our vacation and booked online. Didn't know what we would get till arrival but pleasantly surprised. Great location and easy to find, especially for us Canadians who are used to driving on the other side of the road!. Clean and comfortable room with proper bed for our 16 year old son. Fantastic top floor resturant and probably one of the best "Irish" breakfasts of out trip!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stayed here last week both myself and hubby this is a gorgeous hotel check in very quick rooms are fab ,food is also really good and the breakfast was fab also free newspaper of your choice can't wait to stay again the only thing was that some of the staff weren't the friendliness

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stayed here while on a business trip and found the hotel and staff very pleasant. The meals where of good value and well prepared and breakfast offered a wide variety. The room was clean with free wired internet and the bed comfortable. Therefore for a businessman this hotel offers all that is needed for a comfortable stay.

My only criticism is dining in the 14 Below restaurant is that some of the seats, albeit cosy, are too low for the tables.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights for a family wedding,with our 3 young children. We were very let down on our first evening, having to wait over a 3/4 of an hour for our dinner, we were given both starters and main course together, asked for a pasta dish for our youngest child, and seriously we got only pasta, no sauce or meat etc. My son got my main course and I got his. He was sitting with relations so I couldn't change with him. Staff were very unfriendly that dealt with us that evening. Room was very small for a family of five. The staff in general were just about o.k, but didn't seem to help in any way,or go out of their way for us. The cleaner was the nicest and friendliest person we spoke to during our stay. The restaurant staff on the 13th floor didn't seem to have patience with young children. Overall I was very let down on our stay in this hotel. Have spoke to the manager of the hotel and told him our complaints, was told if I was passing by to let him know and to drop in for dinner!!, only to find out today that another couple that was staying with our group complained also to the hotel got a 2 night break cortesy of the hotel, Very let down as we did spend quite a large amount of money during our stay

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Helloo2013,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience the service you received from our restaurant may have caused. I appreciate you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Krysllin G.